Edible Image Help!!!

Decorating By lilsomethinsweet Updated 26 Nov 2008 , 9:43pm by butternut

lilsomethinsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsomethinsweet Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 7

I HAVE A GENTLEMAN THAT WANTS TO SURPRISE HIS WIFE WITH A BIRTHDAY CAKE. I HAVE TO BAKE THE CAKE TONIGHT. HE THINKS HE WANTS AN EDIBLE IMAGE ON THE CAKE OF THEIR KIDS.

WELL, MY QUESTION IS-CAN I FROST AND DO MY BORDER IN THE MORNING, BRING THE CAKE TO TOWN TO HAVE THE IMAGE MADE (HE CAN'T GET IT TO ME BEFORE THEN) AND THEN PLACE IT ON MY CAKE? THE BUTTERCREAM WILL ALREADY BE CRUSTED BUT THEY WILL NOT BE EATING IT UNTIL THURSDAY.

WILL THE IMAGE BE ABLE TO "MELD" WITH THE ICING OK AFTER IT HAS CRUSTED?

THANKS.

6 replies
rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 7

I have done it before and it was fine. You shouldnt have any problems.

vicmic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicmic Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 7

Yes the cake needs to be smooth when you put the image on. FYI, these edible images tear VERY easy. I did one with the Betty Boop in my pictures.

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 7

It will be fine. I always paint some piping gel on the back of my image to help it lay down flat.

sweetkisscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetkisscakes Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 11:44pm
post #5 of 7

if you lightly spray the cake with water from a little misting bottle the edible image should stick no problem.

lilsomethinsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsomethinsweet Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 9:23pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you everyone for your replies. I always appreciate the help that I receive from everyone!

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 9:43pm
post #7 of 7

I absolutely agree with sweetkisscakes. Just spray the area that you are to place the image over very lightly with a fine mist spray and it will stick right to it. Do it all the time... Just be sure not to saturate...very light spray.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%