Talk About Last Minute Wedding Cake Order...

Decorating By cakes-r-us Updated 17 Aug 2005 , 4:05am by tcturtleshell

cakes-r-us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 12:05am
post #31 of 36

My cousin came over today and paid me for the cake I charged her $200. She said she told her sister-in-law (the bride) that she is getting a good deal on this because of my and her relationship and don't go telling everybody her price cause if someone wants a cake they need to talk to me. Told her glad she said that. Also I did talk to the bride to be she said she just wants the top cake red velvet, then chocolate, then yellow. told her that's fine and I will do buttercream but not cream cheese, she agreed, she sd she was also worried that it might melt. Its going to be 3-tier stacked so my cousin is picking it up (no setup required). She wants red floral design, she told me to use silk flowers. she's afraid to use real, told her ok (and I wasn't going to make any...forget that!) I'll post the picture when done. Thanks for the input, and the suggestion to talk to bride-to-be, although she said my cousin was in charge of everything. Also I told her I would do a 6" red velvet with cream cheese icing for her anniversary cake so don't bother about trying to save the top piece. My goodness she was so excited. Thanks again you guys you are the best.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 12:09am
post #32 of 36

Good for you...I'm glad you held your ground!! All is well that ends well!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 1:23am
post #33 of 36

I am glad everything worked out! I was going to suggest that you do all buttercream icing...especially since it will be so hot. Let us know how it turns out! Good luck! icon_smile.gif
traci

cindycakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindycakes2 Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 1:45am
post #34 of 36

I agree with what Cakegal said...that people expect us to pull cakes out of the oven, or have extras just sitting around. I actually had a call from a groom's mother on the day of the wedding, asking if there was any way I could make a golf bag cake by 7 pm that night for her son's grooms cake. Apparently, they were at a wedding where I did that exact cake for another groom (the stand up 3-D golf bag), then tried to order it made by someone else. The problem....cake fell down during transport to reception! They really thought I could make that in a matter of a few hours....when people don't decorate cakes, they have no idea how much time goes into planning, constructing, decorating and delivering!!! OK, back on subject....Good Luck with your wedding cake...sounds like you have it all figured out!

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 1:48am
post #35 of 36

You go girl!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 4:05am
post #36 of 36

You are a very sweet person cakes-r-us!! I wish you the best of luck on this cake!! The bride & groom should give you a tip because you have been so helpful to them!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%