Transylvanian Castle Wth?! Help!

Decorating By Jayde Updated 25 Nov 2008 , 9:26pm by sweetcakes

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, so I got a call for a Transylvanian castle for a birthday cake. I was like umm, I will get back to you on that. Sheesh, who do I look like, Duff??

That is what I get for getting better, I swear! I get the most outrageous requests these days.

Ok, done ranting. Can anyone help? I mean I cant even find a picture of something like that, the closest I could come to was some Harry Potter Hogwarts photos. Y'all are awesome cake decorators, so prod my brain along into coming up with a design of some sort, please....Any ideas?

3 replies
CulinaryActor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CulinaryActor Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 4

I have a idea. Make it like a 2-D cake like flat. And then ice the picture on a good sized sheet cake. That is one idea and if you still need a photo here is one:
http://ejournal.eduprojects.net/philippines/media/self%20presentations/claudia/E.A.Poe/Romanian%20Castles/bran-castle.jpg

That is a complicated castle.
Maybe do a cake that is themed with dracula and have the casltle small an in the background

GOOD LUCK!!

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 1:33am
post #3 of 4

Her husband is from Romania. So thats why she wants the castle thing. I just dont know what to do with it. I think she is talking about a castle with spires, and towers and the whole 9 with the moat and drawbridge. AUGH!!! I am freaking out just as I am typing it. <sigh> Maybe I should just make a castle cake, like the one in my pics, and just make it black and dark, with more spires. Whatcha all think?

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 4

do google image search for romanian castles, that way youll have an idea how they're built, then draw out a sketch of what you can create it cake and check it with the customer. id also ask her to give you some suggestions as to what she wants her castle to look like, we all have differant perceptions. good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%