Selling Your Products Wholesale???

Business By l80bug79 Updated 4 Dec 2008 , 10:30pm by yankeegal

l80bug79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l80bug79 Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 7

i've gotten a couple of inquiries lately about selling baked goods wholesale. and I know that some are probably bogus schemes, but I was wondering if anyone sales cookies, other goodies other than cakes wholesale or bakes for a restruant, etc. i'm working on my business plan for the upcoming couple years, and Didn't know if this would be something i would want to pursue or not.

thanks
aimee

6 replies
ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 7

I just got an email today from someone that says he works for this company http://www.WiseRep.com saying they're interested in selling my goods, blah, blah, blah... the email is very generic so I thought it may be a scam.

Is this the same one you got?

l80bug79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l80bug79 Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

I just got an email today from someone that says he works for this company http://www.WiseRep.com saying they're interested in selling my goods, blah, blah, blah... the email is very generic so I thought it may be a scam.

Yep same thing. that's what i meant by a scam. but i have had small restruants (not really close to me, in the next big city so the location puts that out first and foremost) that have contacted me thru my myspace acct and website looking for fresh baked goods to sell that turned out to be ligit, but i'm just not set up for that yet. maybe next year. i looked at the "products" on the wiserep thing and the stuff they have listed there would be sale-able products. (bagged popcorn, drop cookies, etc) but even if it isn't a scam with that company, what i do really wouldn't apply to that if that makes sense.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 7

I80---

We sell our goods wholesale to a bistro in downtown Orlando. We charge $3 per slice (which is what we think is fair) for cheesecakes. He then turns around and adds whipped cream and serves them for $4.95.

HTH

Paul & Peter

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by l80bug79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

Yep same thing. that's what i meant by a scam. but i have had small restruants (not really close to me, in the next big city so the location puts that out first and foremost) that have contacted me thru my myspace acct and website looking for fresh baked goods to sell that turned out to be ligit, but i'm just not set up for that yet. maybe next year. i looked at the "products" on the wiserep thing and the stuff they have listed there would be sale-able products. (bagged popcorn, drop cookies, etc) but even if it isn't a scam with that company, what i do really wouldn't apply to that if that makes sense.

I got this same email last week from wiserep.com. Wow, maybe I have finally arrived!

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 8:03pm
post #6 of 7

To sell your stuff wholesale, you have to have a food manufacturing license...in Texas, anyways. Then FDA comes out to observe and make sure that everything is on the up and up....list of ingredients, weight of product is consistent and you are using FDA-approved packaging.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 10:30pm
post #7 of 7

I received the same email-and a follow-up one. Just deleted it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%