Best Photo Printer For Edible Images -- Need Some Advice Asa

Decorating By jcaste Updated 27 Nov 2008 , 12:58pm by TracyLH

jcaste Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 7

Hello Ladies!!

I believe I have posted this before awhile back but can't seem to find it & see whether anyone ever replied. I hope someone can reply back to me asap. I am wanting to purchase a photo printer but I need help. Im new at cake decorating so Im not too familiar with the best products out there.

If anyone owns a photo printer to use on their edible images, I would realyl appreciate it if you could help me out with this. & If you can advice what website I could purchase the edible ink & frosting sheets from.

6 replies
miny Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 6:19am
post #2 of 7

Bump!

uschi1 Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 11:46am
post #4 of 7

Most of what I have read indicates the Epson printer is better than the Canon for edible images.
I have just ordered a kit - printer, frosting sheets, software and, of course, the edible ink cartridges. Can't wait to try it!

mellormom Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:12pm
post #5 of 7

The one I just got is a cannon mp520 It came with the sheets and the ink. The person who bought it for me paid around $300 for everything. So far I have had no problems with it but I just got it.
Jen...

joynach Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:29pm
post #6 of 7

I have the epson, I love it. the pictures come out beautiful on icing sheets, have had no problems.

TracyLH Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:58pm
post #7 of 7

I have heard better things about the Epson vice the Canon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%