Anyone Coming To Ga For Mike Mccareys' Class In Feb?

Lounge By slopokesgirl Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 5:02am by Starr_Brite

slopokesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slopokesgirl Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 12:39pm
post #1 of 13

I signed up for his class and I was wondering if any CCr's are coming? It would be nice to meet and greet.

12 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 5:40am
post #2 of 13

INFORMATION PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 13

Yes I would like the information as well. I live in Georgia and would love to attend a class. icon_biggrin.gif

slopokesgirl Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 13

The amazing Mike McCarey of Mike's Amazing Cakes, Redmond, Washington will be teaching a special hands-on class here at ISAC. Mike will be focusing on using his special chocolate modeling paste to cover cakes and make 2-D and 3-D decorations. To see some of Mike's cakes, visit his web site at www.mikesamazingcakes.com

At this time both of the special classes with Mike McCarey are full. If you would like for your name to be placed on our waiting list, please call us at 770-453-9449. Should an opening become available, we will contact you at the telephone number you provide. Thank you.

Dates: Saturday & Sunday , February 21 & 22 and Monday & Tuesday, February 23 & 24, 2009
Class time: 9:30 to 5:30
Location: The Nicholas Lodge School, Atlanta (Norcross,) Georgia
Class Fee: $595.00

http://www.nicholaslodge.com/classes/2009/feb2009.htm

slopokesgirl Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 13

Sorry guys

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:12am
post #6 of 13

Thank you for the information. I am going to go off by myself and cry now.

You lucky, lucky girl! I hope you take a ton of pics and post them for us all to drool over! icon_biggrin.gif

slopokesgirl Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:50am
post #7 of 13

I am soo sorry. My husband forced me to pay for the class. I wasn't going to take it because of the cost but he made me do it. I'm glad I did because when I called the lady said that the phone hasn't stopped ringing and seats are going fast. I thought it was a gimmick to get people to sign up. I guess it wasn't.

I'll definitely post about the class.

GeorgiaGingerbread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeorgiaGingerbread Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 12:14am
post #8 of 13

I just attended a class a few weeks ago at ISAC, and Nicholas did say that while Mike was there in Feb. that they were going to go over his calendar and see if they could arrange some more classes with him. Good luck!

slopokesgirl Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:09pm
post #9 of 13

I don't know where to start?!?! I was nervous when I first entered the class but Mike makes is so easy to relax and get into the groove.

He is so down to earth and humble. (Get this, he doesn't know he ROCKS!!)

I KNOW!! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

I wanna be like Mike. And so many of us aspire to work as clean and as accurate and produce cakes as BEAUTIFUL as his and he is totally oblivious of it.

I learned something GREAT... he scans through CC.

So Mike, for the off chance that you happen upon my post:

I had an incredible weekend. I learned so much. I appreciate you coming to Georgia and allowing us to pick your brain concerning you techniques and your previous cakes. I must say that I have walked away with many ideas and a new skill with a new medium. But the main thing I learned this weekend is that cake design may look complex and may, at times, be challenging but there is always a simpler way to do things.

You and Michael were a blessing to be around.

Thanks again.

Ok.. I'm back:

So, who is Michael? Well, let me tell you about this wonderful human sheeter. He was Mike's assistant during this class and he rocks. And I'm not saying this because I asked him to sign up with CC and he may find this.. NO.. he is so cool and sweet and funny.

He was on the sidelines of the class... (see pic below) and he was working away at the modeling chocolate. Sheeting them and cutting them and prepping everything. He helped pass out the chocolate and would come around to give a helping hand and crack a couple of jokes. icon_lol.gif

He was a machine. On point. Great job Michael!! thumbs_up.gif

Now that we can clone animals, I am totally saving my cake pennies to clone Michael.

But I'm keeping the original and giving the clone to Mike. hehehehe.

I can go on and on about Michael, but I don't wanna swell his ego too much. icon_cool.gif

Ok... moving on:

Down below, you'll see pics of the techniques we learned and the cakes we made. I had so many A HA moments that I can't wait till my friends birthday rolls around so that I can hijack the cake making.... She has no choice. Muahahahaha

About Nicholas Lodge school... OMG!! I want them to come to my house and decorate it. Every bathroom had a theme.

One was the cupcake bathroom. ADORABLE!!!.. It was decorated with mini cupcakes and tins and itty bitty pink chandeliers and a bunch of pinch the cheeks cuteness.

Their second bathroom was the gingerbread bathroom... Need I say more.

And their third (I know I'll get this wrong) it was a tuscan cucina theme.

Or something like that.... all I know is that it was ALL ADORABLE and superb.

THE FOOD:

I was briefly introduced to Scott when I first arrived at the school (This being my first time and all) and I had NO IDEA the amount of awesomeness that would come from this man.

icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

The food that he made for us for lunch was soooo delectable and YUMMY!

We had desserts for lunch that were to die for.

And as if that weren't enough... he even make fresh baked cookies for a snack. Scott.. I thank you... and my tummy thanks you... and my hips... they love you but don't like you very much right now. hahahaha. I'm sure I gained weight this weekend. But I loved every moment of it.

I'll stop gibber gabbing...
here are the pics.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:18pm
post #10 of 13

I am SOOO jealous!

That is awesome!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 5:12pm
post #11 of 13

Great work!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 5:18pm
post #12 of 13

im jealous!!! insanely jealous! I want a class with Mike!! anyone know where/when his next class is

Starr_Brite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starr_Brite Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 5:02am
post #13 of 13

It sounds like Mike's class was great! I'm hoping to take the class from him sometime, too! Thank you SO much for sharing your pictures! Your cakes look fantastic!

I signed up on Mike's website for his mailing list and got emails about the ISAC classes and the Houston Cake Club classes. I'm sure they will send emails when he schedules more classes. I'm hoping that he'll have ones nearer to me sometime.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%