Retirement Cake Ideas, Please????????????

Decorating By bashini Updated 25 Nov 2008 , 10:02pm by bashini

bashini Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 11:23am
post #1 of 6

Hi everybody, need some ideas for a gent who has been working in a bank. My mind has gone blank at the moment! icon_sad.gif

5 replies
gales Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 12:13pm
post #2 of 6

Hi, glad to speak to someone else from England, what about a cake incorporating a bank note of some worth? Or is that too obvious. Do you know what plans he has for his retirement? Or a holiday place he has enjoyed or plans to visit now he has retired. Hope you get inspiration soon, I know what its like to get a block when usually I am full of ideas. Without knowin the gent and his interests its difficult for someone else to help you choose a theme. Let me know what you decide on.

robinscakes Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 6

I did one recently for a couple who enjoys the beach and were retiring there. I did a sheet cake (I know people on CC hate them but I think of them as blank canvases) with a beach scene with two beach chairs facing the ocean at sunset. They loved it.

bashini Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 12:42pm
post #4 of 6

Hi, thank you so much for the ideas. The cake is for my friend's uncle. And she said that he doesn't have any particular hobby or interest. She asked whether I can do a chair and some news papers, that sort of thing. But I'll ask her whether he has any plans after the retirement.

robinscakes, I thought of the beach chairs as well. May I kindly ask you how you did those please?

Thanks to both of you so much! icon_smile.gif

BrendaS104 Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 12:58am
post #5 of 6

How about an open book concept except it could be a newspaper. And you use basic black writing as the print.. "Jim retires".... around the sides write "Extra! Extra! Read all about it!"

bashini Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 10:02pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks Brenda for that idea. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%