Anyone Have A Mini Laptop?

Lounge By turtle3264 Updated 30 Nov 2008 , 12:22am by turtle3264

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 2:38am
post #1 of 4

I wanted to get a laptop, but I don't like the weight of a regular laptop. I would use it to surf the web, write emails and watch movies on Netflix...no really intense games or anything. I was wondering what the pros and cons are of the minis. What brand does everyone have?

3 replies
cakelover25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelover25 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 4

I don't have one but my husband works at a computer company, he mainly does outside service but does get to play with all of the new toys. He was just telling me about a new Acer brand that they got, said it is only 2 lb, 8" screen and retails for about $400. I don't remember what the memory etc is but he said it works really well for just basic applications like email, quickbooks, internet etc. Twice as fast as the old laptop I'm using right now! Might have to suggest it to santa...

Good like in your research.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 4

My mom just got a small dell one. It is only like 9in big. One thing to look for is if it comes with the cd drive or not. Her's didn't and she had to order that seperately. So that's another piece she has to carry around with her.

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 12:22am
post #4 of 4

I went ahead and bought one last week. I love it so far. It is an Acer laptop. I got it for $348. I had read about it not having a cd drive. If I need to install an software, I will just copy the cd to a jump drive that we have. We have a desktop computer, but I didn't want to be stuck in one place all day. My husband told me to spend $50 more dollars and get a full size. He loves the mini now. I've caught him on it several times.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%