How Would You Plan This.. I Think I've Taken On Too Much!!

Decorating By thatssweetbakeshop Updated 24 Nov 2008 , 3:02am by kakeladi

thatssweetbakeshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatssweetbakeshop Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 2:16am
post #1 of 2

Hello All my fellow Amazing Cake Masters,

Ok so I think I may have taken on too much and need some advice. This weekend I have 4 Cakes and 100 Cupcakes. All the cakes and the cupcakes are from scratch Red Velvet with Cream Cheese frosting. I have a Fondant covered Topsy Turvy on Saturday. I have never done one of these and I had my first nightmare last night. It is only for 35 so I plan on doing 2 tiers. Top 6" and Bottom 10". I was going to do use 4 layers for both tiers. Is that necessary?and Now for Sunday I have a 10", 3 layer, Fondant covered 3rd birthday cake with a gumpaste crown on top, I have 100 cupcakes, a 2 layer 10" birthday cake and a "G" diaper bag cake with all the accessories.. Diaper, pacifier, bottle, blanket, booties and little tiara for the baby girl... huh!! I also work full time and have to work 12 hr days on Tuesday and Wednesday!!!.. I have started making my icing and plan on starting my cake layers on Thursday night. Input please?? I need you icon_smile.gif

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 3:02am
post #2 of 2

UUuuuggggggggg I had a l-o-n-g! reply all typed up and when I tried to send it I got that 'donation' pg *again* icon_sad.gif I hope this time it goes thru........

Better get started NOW. Do everything you can now! Make the gp/fondant figures/decos; make the crown and any flowers you may need. Work on those as soon as you can.
.....going to do use 4 layers for both tiers. Is that necessary?.......
No it is not necessary. You will have enough cake w/2 layers. I suggest you make one 8" & 9 OR 9 & 10 2" layer tier for your base.
Then for the top two 2" deep 6" layers will be more than enough. Cut one of those layers at a slant and give it 1/2 turn (so the 2 taller sides go together) and you have your style.
Why are you making your cakes super tall (3 layer 10" cake)??
Are you charging for all that extra cake?
I'd leave the cc's until the last minute. My experience is made ahead they pull away from the wrappers icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%