Candy Barrel Cake

Decorating By want2bcupcakequeen Updated 24 Nov 2008 , 10:24pm by hillmn

want2bcupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
want2bcupcakequeen Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 4:55am
post #1 of 6

Are there any secrets to making a candy barrel cake? The pictures make them seem fairly straight forward, but looks can be deceiving.

Thanks!

5 replies
gales Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gales Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 6

Never seen one or done one, opened this post because I was intrigued. Sorry I cant help but someone will, If you have seen one on the cc gallery site send your question to the person who made the cake, Im sure they would be extremely pleased to help you

BabyBear3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyBear3 Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 6

if you look in my photos i have one done.

it's pretty straight foward. Just be patient and put enough icing to "glue" the kitkats (or whatever candy you choose) to the sides.

1 think I learned. Make sure your cake is tall enough to just leave a little bit of space between to top of the cake and the top of the kitkats. I made my space WAY TOO BIG and by the time I filled it with candy, it was too heavy and smushe dthe cake a bit. It was also a mess to cut! BUT if you don't have too big of a space and don't over fill the top, it's much better!!!

It tastes yummy too!!!

gales Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gales Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks sarahdodgen, I didn't really know what a candybarrell cake looks like. It looks very good and it does look fairl easy to acheive. Bet you could use chocolate finger biscuits (my husband's favourite), and possibly his next birthday cake.

hillmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hillmn Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 6

They are fun to make. I agree...don't make your cake short or you have to fill with lots of M&M's. Also, I broke my Kit Kats into two's, they went around the cake a little nicer.

hillmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hillmn Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 10:24pm
post #6 of 6

They are fun to make. I agree...don't make your cake short or you have to fill with lots of M&M's. Also, I broke my Kit Kats into two's, they went around the cake a little nicer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%