Bad Mistake

Decorating By AgentCakeBaker Updated 23 Nov 2008 , 1:18am by chassidyg

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 12:23am
post #1 of 8

I need to vent. I accidentally dropped an egg shell in my cookie batter as the mixer was still turning. I thought I caught it in time but apparently I didn't.

As I began to roll out the dough I noticed white sharp chunks in the cookie dough. The bad thing about it is I had already baked at least 4 dzn cookies before I began to notice the pieces of egg shells. I was so frustrated and disappointed that I stopped baking for the night.

I have so much batter left over and I really don't want to throw it out. I made 3 batches of the NFSC recipe. On the other hand, I don't want to bake any more b/c there may still be small pieces in the cookie dough that I can't see or catch. I know its bad business to sell cookies to my customers with possible tiny egg shells in them.

What would you do? icon_sad.gificon_mad.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

7 replies
kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 12:28am
post #2 of 8

I guess i'd have to take one for the team and eat them all myself! icon_biggrin.gif

But serioulsy I don't think I could sell them. Sorry icon_sad.gif

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 12:32am
post #3 of 8

Don't you just hate yourself for doing things like that.......I've done that too, I just make a new batch and go on........I just freeze the rest and use for cookie dough for the family..... Who every finds a shell in there cookie is the winner..... (and the winner gets to do dishes.)

I

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 12:39am
post #4 of 8

I wouldn't sell them. Unless you could push the "extra calcium" angle?

That was a joke, btw. icon_biggrin.gif

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 12:41am
post #5 of 8

Thanks guys...you are truly making me feel better. I think I will keep the other dough for the family. I'll just bite the bullet and make new dough in the morning.

Oh happy happy joy joy..... icon_smile.gificon_lol.gif

sharridee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharridee Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 12:51am
post #6 of 8

I would' sell them either, the family will just love these, Im sure.
I did this once, and now I always break my eggs in a small bowl first so i can dig them out if need be... I threw out my brownies when I did this, I had'nt thought the family would eat them..LoL

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 1:16am
post #7 of 8

[quote="kaat"]I guess i'd have to take one for the team and eat them all myself! icon_biggrin.gif

lol.....I am just dying of laughter. I call that a sample batch!!! lol

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 1:18am
post #8 of 8

In my family, they'll eat anything, shells & all...Ive learned the hard way to always break eggs in something else, because if the egg is bad you can ruin a whole batch of something (I had cracked an egg onetime, and it was still in date, but the inside clear stuff was red..nasty! and I had broken it into a dough...)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%