How Many Do You Have?

Decorating By AgentCakeBaker Updated 28 Nov 2008 , 10:57pm by indydebi

AgentCakeBaker Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 12:17am
post #1 of 17

Hello Cakebakers

I'm just curious of how many cake or cookie orders everyone has for Thanksgiving?

I have 17 cakes and 10 dozen cookies and given the fact that I do work a full time job, I had to start baking today. I will continue baking tomorrow as well as Monday and Tuesday nights after work.

Does anyone else have it this bad or shall I say good? icon_biggrin.gif

16 replies
robinscakes Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 12:27am
post #2 of 17

No cakes this year, but over 50 dz. cookies & I'm the only decorator at my bakery!

leah_s Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 1:22am
post #3 of 17

two weddings on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Thats all.

loriemoms Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 1:30am
post #4 of 17

17 cakes? that is nuts!!

We are going away this turkey day, so I am glad to have the weekend off...I do have a several weddings over christmas week though and one on NYE!!!

Have fun baking! Are you going to freeze everything?

sari66 Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 1:35am
post #5 of 17

None, I'm going to be away for Thanksgiving thankfully.

angelcakes5 Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 1:43am
post #6 of 17

I am actually surprised I have none right now. Business has slowed a bit, but it uaually does right around this time. I know last year I did do a couple cakes for Thanksgiving. But I know how things change I could go to work on Monday and co-workers will need cakes. Oh well I will enjoy my quiet weekend! Because December is going to be busy with bdays and cookies

kellertur Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 1:59am
post #7 of 17

17 cakes, 10 doz cookies???? icon_eek.gif WOW...
How do you still work a full-time job? Doesn't this make you a full-time baker? I'm a SAHM and have trouble finding time to make 3 or 4 cakes a week when I have the orders...unless I stay up past midnight.
I have to hand it to you... Where on earth do you find the time??? icon_confused.gif

sugarcheryl Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 1:29am
post #8 of 17

I just have 5 orders for cheesecakes and some sweet potato tarts.

lifonahil Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 6:41am
post #9 of 17

Wow that is alot of cake.

lifonahil Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 6:42am
post #10 of 17

Wow that is alot of cake.

all4cake Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 8:00am
post #11 of 17

All I have is 3 cakes, 12 dozen cookies, 8 dozen dinner rolls, a pie and a batch of divinity candy. None for orders though. We're going down to Savannah for Thanksgiving this year and that's my contribution to dinner

chutzpah Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 8:17am
post #12 of 17

None... I live overseas and we don't have (naturally...) US Thanksgiving here.

all4cake Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 6:17am
post #13 of 17

Well...I now have a freezer full of the above stated items! DH wound up with fever, chills and aches in his joints. We stayed home.

AgentCakeBaker Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 10:15pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

17 cakes? that is nuts!!

We are going away this turkey day, so I am glad to have the weekend off...I do have a several weddings over christmas week though and one on NYE!!!

Have fun baking! Are you going to freeze everything?

I did end of freezing some of my cake layers. It just got to a point that I knew I couldn't get it all done in one night. Freezing the layers then letting them thaw actually made the cakes moister. I had one customer tell me that her coconut cake just melted in her mouth.

Even though it is hard work, I love the end result and customer satisfaction! icon_biggrin.gif

AgentCakeBaker Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 10:18pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2cakes

17 cakes, 10 doz cookies???? icon_eek.gif WOW...
How do you still work a full-time job? Doesn't this make you a full-time baker? I'm a SAHM and have trouble finding time to make 3 or 4 cakes a week when I have the orders...unless I stay up past midnight.
I have to hand it to you... Where on earth do you find the time??? icon_confused.gif

I love to stay business. Don't get me wrong, I love some quiet days too but I can't sit still for too long. My family tells me that I need to slow down a little. I'm also an active member and treasurer in my sorority and my 4 year old daughter is in Pre-K who requires my time as well.

So I find the time but no me time. icon_lol.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 10:39pm
post #16 of 17

chutzpah -

I'm surprised you don't have some ex-pats over there who are looking for Thanksgiving treats.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 10:57pm
post #17 of 17

I enjoyed my Thanksgiving day off .... my busy week is the week after.

Saturday: Wedding (catering) for 90 people and a 4 tier cake to go with it. Hubby is dropping off 2 sheet cakes (100 servings) for me later in the day. (I iced/decorated these cakes today, after getting my christmas shopping done during the Black Friday sales ... we were done shopping by 7:00 a.m.!!).

Then.....

A small non-wedding catering on Monday; a sampling appt on Tuesday; A dessert catering for Macy's on Wed; breakfast catering for the Post Office on Thursday plus a small drop off catering Thursday afternoon plus a sampling appt Thursday evening; 2 brides for sampling appts on Saturday; Home Depot Christmas party catering on Sunday.

So if I'm not on here much next week, y'all know why! icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%