Can Ri Be Quick-Dried?

Baking By cakedesigner59 Updated 26 Nov 2008 , 1:02am by shiney

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 11

I am making cookies for a party TONIGHT. Can I quick dry the royal by putting the decorated cookies in a low temp oven?

10 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 11

there was a thread about it few months back. Seems like someone put them into some kind of oven at 100. I have a new convection oven, so I hope you either find the thread or they post it again here. Seems I've also heard of blow dryer, but I've never tried. You may have to go with rolled buttercream and detail with RI

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 11

I found this thread, is this the one you were talking about. HTH

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-608415-royal.html+icing+quickly

shiney Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 11

that wasn't it, it was in the cookie forum. I'll have a look

shiney Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 6:20pm
post #5 of 11

Aaaaug, I can't find it. Please, someone??

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 6:55pm
post #6 of 11

Maybe this is the thread?

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-597732.html

I put some half dried cookies in a 110 degree convection oven once, and it seemed to work. I wedged the door open about 1 inch while it was on, hoping it would maximize the flow of warm dry air. It is nerve wracking though... being in a rush when your RI is not!! Good luck with your cookies today!

cakedesigner59 Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 11:27pm
post #7 of 11

Thanks, all.They were sufficiently dried. I have a convection oven, but the fan won't run if the door is cracked at all.

shiney Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 11:39pm
post #8 of 11

Sweetdreams, that is it! Thanks! I have to do some quick drying tonight, My convection oven fan won't run with door open either, and convection temp only goes down to 170 degrees, but it does have a 'warm' setting that is 100. I'll give that a try and let y'all know how that works out!

shiney Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 8:24pm
post #9 of 11

Okay, did the quick dry with turning on convection a couple of times, not leaving it on because the lowest temp was 170 degrees. Yes, it worked....but then I had a 'duh' moment, the icing dried, but so did the cookies. They tasted great, but were a bit crunchy. Oh well.

cakedesigner59 Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 9:37pm
post #10 of 11

Crunchy's not bad! I'll take mine crunchy OR soft, makes no diff to me!

shiney Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 1:02am
post #11 of 11

Cakedesigner59, you're right, they were crunchy but yummy-yum-yum.
It was the music notes I had to do over because the cookie cutter was backwards, I just trusted I was the idiot and didn't know what one looked like icon_wink.gif The design and colors on the music notes matches their set. This bouquet was HUGE, it was for The Pajama Game play my daughter is in at school, I had over 45 cookies in there, couldn't stick them all in, so I had to stuff some down in between the cookies in the bouquet. have a look at my www. Don't know about y'all, but my upload on CC isn't working.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%