Help Cc, I Need Your Idea's!

Decorating By BakerzJoy Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 2:16am by BakerzJoy

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 9

I have a request for a cake due around Christmas. It's for a 14 year old girl who is really into boogie boards and boy stuff. Her mom has asked me to do a cake with boogie boards/beach theme and also do it with a Christmas winter wonderland theme too. How in the heck do you combine two opposite things like that in one cake??
I am clueless. I need to email her some ideas and I need your help.

8 replies
LaRana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaRana Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 9

Maybe do a fondant boogie board with a santa hat on the tip of it, or perhaps some holly drawn on it? Or maybe a fondant penguin riding the boogie board shaped cake? icon_smile.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 9

ImageImage

lauritasolorzano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauritasolorzano Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:07am
post #4 of 9

You could add some snowflakes or christmas tree to the background of the cake along with the board

Laura

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 2:33am
post #5 of 9

You could do something like instead of boogie boarding on water, do it on snow?
the other thing I was thinking is split the cake in half, for example do a tiered cake and think of those cakes that people do with half chocolate and half vanilla buttercream. On one side, do an ocean theme, the other side could be snow themed with snowflakes or something.

mallorymaid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mallorymaid Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:12pm
post #6 of 9

boogie boarding down a ski hill ending on the beach, show the transition from one to the other with the decorations, for example pine trees to palm trees, skiis and snowboards to snorkling gear and beach towels

rockytop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockytop Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:48pm
post #7 of 9

You could make a half pipe( Skate board ramp) . Instead of snow board use a boogie board. with palm, and pinetrees icon_rolleyes.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 1:03pm
post #8 of 9

santa on boogie board riding over the waves begin pulled by dolphins as he approaches a beach with a little grass hut decorated for Christmas -- with a Christmas Palm tree outside.

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:16am
post #9 of 9

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, it's been busy here. Had a family member die tragically.
Anyway, thank you all for your great ideas, the pictures of Santa with the boogie board is so hilarious. I have been laughing forever now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%