.......is There Anybody Out There?

Decorating By aundrea Updated 21 Nov 2008 , 9:58am by aundrea

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 8:26am
post #1 of 6

hello!
any one out there pulling an all nighter? im hoping to finish my daughters birthday cake before 6:00 am but its looking like it might be around 9:00 am.
so if up all night like i am and want to hi! and let me know what you are working on............

5 replies
Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 8:59am
post #2 of 6

I'm not working, I am up because my husband's dang alarm went off and I can't go back to sleep!

I know all nighters are tough just wanted to wish you luck! I am sure your daughter will love her cake! icon_smile.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 9:07am
post #3 of 6

I, too, am not working, but can't get back to sleep. 4:06 am.
3 more hours and my alarm will ring. Hmmmm...what can I start cleaning?.....

aundrea Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 9:36am
post #4 of 6

well thank-you for saying 'hi'
i have so much to do on her cake. it seems to be taking so long.
i dont like how my white chocolate gnache came out. i added too much butter (was tying to make it like a truffle filling)
i was deciding whether to re-do or not. and decided not too.
that will put me even futher behind.
i have extra bc so who ever doesnt like it can take off and add buttercream.
nobody in my family understands how much time it takes to do a cake anyways.
when i told my mother that i will be up all night, she laughed and said to decorate a cake???? what can take so long!
haha

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 9:48am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenette

I'm not working, I am up because my husband's dang alarm went off and I can't go back to sleep!

I know all nighters are tough just wanted to wish you luck! I am sure your daughter will love her cake! icon_smile.gif

I too am not sleeping because of my husband....but it was because he was getting ready to go hunting and he woke me because he could not find his wallet. So i am awake. Not working on any cakes but i am sewing up some table runners for his mother. icon_biggrin.gif

So are you done the cake. Because after all why would you be doing a all nighter for decorating a cake. LOL family can be so bad. ask them to do one cake they way yours are and see how long it takes. Each cake i we do is so different that they each have there own challenges.

aundrea Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 9:58am
post #6 of 6

well hopefully you can get some sleep.
part of this is me not doing any prep work this week.
but i much rather work at night anyways.
my house is crazy right now, and this is the only time i have peace and quiet and no interuptions.
i think its funny when foodnetwork says goodnight.
the only thing live i think is qvc. even the news shows are replayed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%