Coffeemate Creamer

Decorating By msnrozier Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 2:59am by ILE

msnrozier Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 2:58am
post #1 of 13

hello all,

I see some ppl use coffeemate in their cakes, but then I just saw that it does not rise as high.

Does it make it heavier?

Do you use coffeemate in your cakes?

12 replies
cecerika Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 3:10am
post #2 of 13

Never heard of this, but would love to know too!!!

Janette Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 3:11am
post #3 of 13

I use it and never had a problem it makes the cake extra yummy.

kakeladi Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 3:12am
post #4 of 13

Coffeemate type flavors are added to your liquid to help flavor your cakes. It can also be used in icing.
It should not effect the baking process.

bizatchgirl Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 3:29am
post #5 of 13

Kakeladi and Jeanette, looking for a truly non-dairy coffee creamer. Do the ones you use have cassein in them?

Janette Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 8:35am
post #6 of 13

I never looked - sorry

Janette Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 8:36am
post #7 of 13

I never looked - sorry

bizatchgirl Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 4:34am
post #8 of 13

Thanks. I think soon I'll just have to spend an hour in the coffee section, reading all of the creamers icon_biggrin.gif Or maybe send out some emails to some of the companies. I've had good luck with responses on other products.

all4cake Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 4:41am
post #9 of 13

I just checked the Coffee-Mate brand...the liquid and powdered form of several different flavors do contain the milk derivative, sodium caseinate.

bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 4:43am
post #10 of 13

I've used the liquid coffeemate creamers, the flavored ones. They do make the cake much denser and very, very moist (think fruitcake density.) We found that if you substitute about 1/4 C creamer for the water in the recipe that gives a better consistency and good flavor. But each creamer flavor is different so you have to play with it and make notes. I also have some of the powdered flavored creamers but haven't worked with them yet. Hope that helps some! icon_biggrin.gif

bizatchgirl Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 7:36pm
post #11 of 13

Thanks, all4cake. I just think it's funny they call them non-dairy but they all have a milk derivative in them. I'm not allergic to milk (or so my doctor says), but it makes me hack up a storm. I was innocently drinking non-dairy creamer in my coffee at work, wondering why the heck I was still coughing! I can't imagine if I had a real problem.

I'm trying to work out a recipe for a friend's son for his birthday. He can't have soy or dairy which is very limiting.

xstitcher Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 7:22am
post #12 of 13

How about trying goat milk products. I use it for 2 of my kids and they don't have any issues with it. One is lactose intolerant the other is allergic to cows milk so this is the easier way to go for me. I believe the milk container says its good for those that are intolerant/allergic to soy or cows milk.

Here's a link to their site:

ILE Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 2:59am
post #13 of 13

I've used the liquid coffeemate creamers, the flavored...never had a problem with it customer love the taste

Quote by @%username% on %date%