Help....problems With The Baby Bootie "shoe Lace"!

Decorating By ERdocmom Updated 21 Nov 2008 , 1:27pm by ERdocmom

ERdocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ERdocmom Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 1:50am
post #1 of 7

Hello! I am doing a test run making baby booties (regular size) and I'm having the hardest time with the "shoelaces". I'm using fondant and rolling it by hand after cutting into thin long strips. However, it keeps breaking........any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!!!

6 replies
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 2:04am
post #2 of 7

Are you trying to thread the laces? When I made the laces for the baby converse all stars I did, I faked it! I made the x's on top of the tongue, then did the laces on top, just tucking the ends into the holes. I did the bows seperately. It looked like I'd threaded the laces through the holes and tied it like a regular shoe.
You can see them in my photos.

Jodie

2muchsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2muchsugar Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 2:16am
post #3 of 7

Me too... I don't actually thread them, I just make it look like they're threaded through the holes and attach with gum glue. Also, I always put a little bit of tylose in my fondant to give it some strength.

ERdocmom Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 2:17am
post #4 of 7

I am trying to thread them through the holes......part of the problem?! Do you cut and roll yours by hand?

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 2:21am
post #5 of 7

do it just like a dress bow! in parts!

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 3:05am
post #6 of 7

I couldn't get it to thread without the fondant tearing. I just gently tucked the ends into the holes.
Here is the cake, if that helps you see the shoes and laces.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1207074

Jodie

ERdocmom Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 1:27pm
post #7 of 7

thanks for all the input. i'm sure that by doing it in parts, things will work much easier!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%