Hey Tarheels (Anyone In That Region, Actually)!

Decorating By cheeseball Updated 21 Nov 2008 , 7:09pm by cheeseball

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, so we've been in Belize for a few years and since there's a sugar industry here, you don't generally see pre-packaged white sugar; what you get is what you'd find in the bulk section of Whole Foods or health food stores like, "turbinado sugar" or "sugar in the raw" etc. Anyhoo, today, in this little hole in the wall shop, we saw some Winn Dixie brand sugar in the five pound bag for $5 USD. After I got done hollering like a mental case, Mom calmly reminds me that everything has gone up quite a bit, even the stuff that was really cheap back home, so I told her I'd check with my peeps on Cake Central and see just what a 5lb. bag of supermarket brand white sugar is going for nowadays. Oh, and a five pound bag of all purpose flour too! And a pound of salted butter! icon_lol.gif (gosh, I miss good ol' Sam's Club on Wendover Ave.)
Thanks, guys!

5 replies
ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 1:11am
post #2 of 6

I'll let you know on Friday after I do my grocery shopping at Wally World! Winn Dixie has gone out-of-business, did you realize that?
Leslie

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 1:18am
post #3 of 6

I went shopping yesterday and the sugar at Publix's was 2.99 for their brand and the flour was 2.29

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 1:22am
post #4 of 6

Winn Dixie has been out of business for a long time!! Makes you wonder how OLD that stuff is! lol

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 1:39am
post #5 of 6

Winn Dixie didn't go out of business. There are only a handful of stores still operating under that name. Those that are still open under the Winn-Dixie name are still going strong. Florida, Georgia, Alabama...

2.98 5lb imperial sugar
2.00 5lb a/p gold medal flour
2.49 1lb storebrand butter

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 7:09pm
post #6 of 6

Yeah, we thought that because Kroger went out of business in Greensboro, they were gone everywhere and then saw them in other parts of the state as well as Atlanta and South Carolina...well, thanks for the prices guys, I generally don't want to know because I try to avoid that whole "shrieking like a banshee" thing icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%