Fondant Question

Decorating By 012202210 Updated 21 Nov 2008 , 2:18am by aundrea

012202210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
012202210 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 6

How far in advance can i make fondant accents, and how should i keep them from drying?

i want to make a border using varying ball sizes and wanted to make them today.. i dont want them to harden though (or would it be ok?)

thanks!

5 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 6

I little hard does make them easier to place and move around bc they will hold the shape for you. When is the cake due?
Have you seen this tutorial? This is a GREAT tutorial
http://www.creativecelebrationcakes.co.uk/page35.htm

012202210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
012202210 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 9:31pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERCAT

I little hard does make them easier to place and move around bc they will hold the shape for you. When is the cake due?
Have you seen this tutorial? This is a GREAT tutorial
http://www.creativecelebrationcakes.co.uk/page35.htm

the cake is "due" (what a grown-up cake term!!) on sunday.. i have baked the layers, making the ganache.. and prepping everything tonight.. so i can put it together on saturday night..

i will check out the link you gave!

any other tips really appreciated! this is my first big project that will be shared with people outside my family.. i'm very excited/nervous!!

katgal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katgal Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 6

It's usually a good idea to make accents like the balls, in advance. This way they will hold their shape when you put them on your cake. Today's a good day to make them.

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 2:10am
post #5 of 6

I have made lots of fondant accents in advance. If I want them a bit harder, I leave them out to air dry for a few days. If I want them not too hard, I cover them in saran and put in an airtight container (if they will fit into one) until I need to use them.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 2:18am
post #6 of 6

wow! what great tips for making accents. thanks for posting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%