Cake Pricing For A Bake Sale

Decorating By tayesmommy Updated 21 Nov 2008 , 12:32am by SILVERCAT

tayesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmommy Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 6

I didn't know where to put this so forgive me if it is in the wrong place. Tomorrow I am running a bake sale at a craft show and I have a couple of people bringing cakes. How do you go about pricing in this situation? I don't want to charge too much because it is just a bake sale and these are not real fancy cakes. Any advice will be great. Thank you!

5 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 6

I just hosted a bake sale and bake are NOT just bake sales, they are o benefit something or a person. People will most likely pay what you put on them, but you don't want to under price bc its a benefit and you dont want to over price so your stuck witht he items at the end. I did a 8" cake for my bake sale and they paid $15.00 for it, it was anything special but remind people of the ambulance squad. Someone had baked other cakes and brought them to us and we priced them at $12.00 each. Cookies went for $1.50 for three. Pretzels $2.00, Oreo's $3.00, mini loaf breads, $3.00, big loaf breads$10.00 Hope this helps and good luck.

tayesmommy Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 6

Sorry if I offended you. What I meant is that it's not a fancy wedding cake or a birthday cake or anything like that. Thank you for the advice. It was a HUGE help.

SILVERCAT Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 6

Oh, I wasn't offended by the way you stated. I just wanted to say that bakes sales are to benefit something or someone, so they should be special! Also a good thing to do it theme out the bake sale. I have pictures on my blog spot of the bake sale I hosted a few weeks ago, we did red, white & blue for election day! Good Luck and if I offended you I am sorry too.

tayesmommy Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 12:23am
post #5 of 6

Great set up! We are having a Holiday open house to benefit Family Focus, a program that a local hospital runs for families. They have parenting classes and they also run a playgroup. I am planning on making it a Christmas theme and I have asked everyone to package their stuff for Christmas. This is our 3rd year doing this open house, but it is my first time running the bake sale. I am really excited!

SILVERCAT Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 12:32am
post #6 of 6

See the bake sale is special because it is to benefit a program. Remember people don't mind paying the price for things at bake sales bc they benefit something. Just remember towards the end if you still have lots to sell, discount it. Around 3pm for my sale we started buy one package get one free! People love to here FREE! So they were getting a half dozen cookies for $1.50! And around six we discounted any higher priced items we still had. Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%