Sophisticated Pink And Green

Decorating By MotherJoy Updated 21 Nov 2008 , 1:30am by sweetcakesva

MotherJoy Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 8

HI. I haven't made many cakes. Only some for my kids' parties. I'm making a small birthday cake for a friend, and it needs to incorporate pink and green. But, I don't want it looking like a baby's know?

I'm thinking of adding a bit of orange or something to make it look sophisticated and adult. Any ideas?

7 replies
FlyGirl08 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 8

What about some black or pearl white? Pink and green are my favorite colors!

mellormom Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 8

You can look in the galleries under pink or green and I'm sure there will be a few cakes in there that will spark some ideas. icon_smile.gif
You could do dots and cut out circles or the cut out squares. (the circles/squares are cut then a smaller cutter is used in the middle.)

soccermom17 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 8

Those are my company colors! You could do a green cake and pink piping/scroll work.
Then paint some pearl dust over the piping. Just an idea.

jjandhope Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 5:44pm
post #5 of 8

my thoughts are that the more vivid the colors, the better! Pastels would be what might make it look "kiddish". Also, go for symmetry, not a whimsical design. I agree with the poster who said to add black or white. I would definitely add black. It would look great!

MotherJoy Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 6:25pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for the ideas.

I'm thinking of doing paisley or perhaps make the fondant marbled. I'm not sure.

I'll post pics when I'm done.

jjandhope Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 8:04pm
post #7 of 8

ooooo it! Yes, please do post pics, as I want to do a paisly for my sis in early Feb.

sweetcakesva Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 1:30am
post #8 of 8

i love a chocolate brown with a true pink and a key lime green! Oh I love that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%