Royal Icing Mix...question

Decorating By sugarwishes Updated 21 Nov 2008 , 5:53am by chutzpah

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 7

So I ordered this royal icing mix from country kitchen:

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=619112

On their website it says to just add water, but doesn't say how much water. Any ideas?

6 replies
mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 7

I haven't used anything like this before, but I assume you would just add water until the frosting is the right consistency. Have you ever made royal before? If not, you probably don't know what "right" looks like. For outlining, it should be pretty stiff, like stiff peaks. You have to beat the icing for 10 minutes or so. For thinner icing that you can fill in with, you'll have to add a bit more water, but you still have to beat it for 10 minutes. It is right when you drop a little frosting into the rest of it and it takes a full 10 seconds before it disappears. You can thin with water and thicken with powdered sugar or cornstarch. Just make sure you beat it, and beat it and beat it!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 7

the fill in consistency should be like elmer's glue consistency.....not too thick, not too thin

sugarwishes Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 7

No I have never made royal icing before, so I figured buying this would be the easiest way to use it. Thank you soo much for all the information!!!

sugarwishes Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 7

No I have never made royal icing before, so I figured buying this would be the easiest way to use it. Thank you soo much for all the information!!!

lifonahil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lifonahil Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 5:49am
post #6 of 7

I have this.
Royal Icing. MIx at medium speed 1lb of mix and 5 tablespoons of water. Beat until icing peeks

Picutre flow. Add 1 tablespoon of water to every half cup.

I hope this helps.

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 5:53am
post #7 of 7

Royal icing is easy (and inexpensive) to make.

Egg white and powdered sugar

or

meringue powder, powdered sugar and water

Easy peasy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%