Bread Flour In Place Of Regular Flour?

Decorating By Landert Updated 20 Nov 2008 , 4:35pm by OhMyGanache

Landert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Landert Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 7

I was hoping someone knew if I could use bread flour in place of regular flour for a cupcake recipe.

6 replies
Bethkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethkay Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 7

I wouldn't do it. The protein content of bread flour is much higher than AP flour, and it will ruin the texture of your cupcakes. icon_sad.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 7

No way. You will have tough cupcakes.

Landert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Landert Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 7

thank you! I had no idea and for some reason I could not find anything on the internet that would help me. I appreciate the fast responses. I am off to the store to buy more flour!!! icon_biggrin.gif

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 7

Actually, you could - if you mixed it with cake flour. There is a formula which I won't bore you with since you're already purchasing more flour.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 4:18pm
post #6 of 7

Ya know, Pole I thought of that also, but I kinda thought that if she didn't have AP flour she probably didn't have cake flour either.

Meh . . . you know what happens when you assume.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Ya know, Pole I thought of that also, but I kinda thought that if she didn't have AP flour she probably didn't have cake flour either.

Meh . . . you know what happens when you assume.

And see, my natural assumption was that a cake decorator/baker would have cake flour. But I realize that not everyone is like me and keeps 20 different types of flour in their pantry. LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%