Help, Need Instructions On Sugarpaste Freesia

Decorating By Cake4ever Updated 28 Jul 2010 , 12:51pm by wrightway777

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 7:47am
post #1 of 4

Do you have instructions on how to make Freesia out of sugarpaste?

I have a 3 petal cutter, but need the instructions. My instructor taught us how to make it by hand and I am not happy with mine at all. I purchased the cutter and I'm not sure how to do it with a cutter.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Diana icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 4:19am
post #2 of 4

PM me and I will try to giveyou some help. They are not hard, just very delicate.

Michele

YummyChoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyChoo Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 12:17pm
post #3 of 4

Hi guys would you be able to give me some help on making fressias please?? Thanks!

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 4

This is a great site for tutorials...this link will take you to their main how to page...scroll down to the flower section you will see "simple freesia"...matter of fact I just made some of these yesterday.

Tip: the main tools that are a must have for this is the daffodil cutter and the JEM veiner (tool 12) (its also called a dresden tool, black, one end looks like 1/2 cut straw and the other is a tapered veiner with a silk design). I bought the freesia cutter (FV-100) from GSA, its great but the green daffodil cutter from that Wilton set you can find at most craft stores produced a larger flower which is what I was looking for since the bride doesnt want to see much green. Hopefully you will have a celcakes board that has the holes to make mexican hats...quite useful for this flower. The thicker yellow pad one would be better though (forgot actual name).

take out the space in the link (CC blocks anything with the "s" word even though this is a completely different site):
http://www.sug arcraftandcakedecorating.com/how-to.php

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%