Using Strawberry Fluff Filling

Decorating By mndy204 Updated 20 Nov 2008 , 3:24pm by mndy204

mndy204 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 3:44am
post #1 of 3

Hi all. I saw this recipe here on CC and I don't know how to use it. It's the Strawberry Fluff Filling, I'm not sure how to link it, I'm sorry. icon_redface.gif Anyway, my daughter wants an all strawberry cake for her birthday and I thought I'd play with some strawberry fillings. This one sounds really good, but I'm not sure if I use it instead of buttercream or with the buttercream between the layers? Then do I just use normal buttercream on the outside? I'm new to fillings, I'd love to try them, but am not sure how to do it. dunce.gif

Thank you so much in advance!!

2 replies
karateka Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 3

Sounds like a filling to me, not something you'd ice a cake with.

To use a filling, make an icing dam by piping a 1/2 in snake of frosting around the perimeter of your cake. Put the filling in the middle and smooth out. Then put your top layer on and frost.

The dam is to make sure the filling doesn't smoosh out the sides of the cake and mar your frosting.

mndy204 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 3

The dam was the instruction I was looking for! Thank you very much!! I guess my question wasn't clear, I was wondering if you ice the middle layers with buttercream then on top of that do the filling, then buttercream on the outside as usual. The dam makes total sense. icon_rolleyes.gif Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%