Please Help! Decorating Ideas

Decorating By MrsAB Updated 21 Nov 2008 , 4:13am by MrsAB

MrsAB Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 8

Hello Fellow CCr's!

I have been asked to do a 30th bday cake for two young ladies who are celebrating together. I have attached a picture of the evite they sent out which they gave me for inspiration. However, I have no inspiration on this one just yet. Can you please help? They would like the cake to be two tiered.

Thanks!

MrsAB
LL

7 replies
skeet1zp Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 12:14am
post #2 of 8

You could do a gift set. Make the bottom tier look like the background behind the numbers, purple with the stars and arcs cut out in fondant. You could put small 30's all over the top tier like gift wrap paper. Or, if they would accept the cake in the shape of the 30, make the cake look exactly like the invite. The board for the 30 cake could match the background.

MrsAB Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 1:43am
post #3 of 8

Thanks Skeet1zp. Good ideas!

SILVERCAT Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:07am
post #4 of 8

How about your two tiered cake with some of the stars and dots coming off wires? ANd the "30" made out of gumpaste on top?

kakeladi Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:17am
post #5 of 8

I would make one tier purple and the other the blue. Keep you black to a minimum - maybe just wrapping the base board w/it. Maybe use the same wrapping paper, covered w/ConTac paper.

tonia3604 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:20am
post #6 of 8

I was thinking the same thing as silvercat. I think these colors are awesome together. The bottom tier purple the top tier blue. you could do stripes, polka dots, stars shooting out of the cake on wires in the different colors, the possibilities are endless.

MrsAB Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 4:10am
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone! I will take all your suggestions (with some tweaking) and present to the client. I will keep you posted.

CC is the best!

MrsAB Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 4:13am
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone! I will take all your suggestions (with some tweaking) and present to the client. I will keep you posted.

CC is the best!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%