Anyone Ordered From Tastey Foto Art?

Baking By riSHEL Updated 21 Nov 2008 , 12:47pm by sshoshie

riSHEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riSHEL Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 6:09pm
post #1 of 8

I made a family collage that I'd like to "edible image" onto cookies and give as favors for Thanksgiving. I found tasteyfotoart.com on-line and ordered them with questions (as I've never used edible images). I've written twice and get no response from them. Has anyone ordered from them? If so, did you find them reliable and timely?

7 replies
cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 8

I HAVE USED TASTY FOTO ART AND THEY USUALLY RESPOND QUICKLY AND I HAVE NEVER HAD TROUBLE WITH THE PRODUCTS. THE EDIBLE IMAGE PAPER IS A LOT THICKER THEN OTHERS WHICH I LIKE BUT I ALSO HAVE USE OTHER EDIBLE PARER LIKE LUCKS FROM ICING IMAGES AND PLACED THOSE ON MY COOKIES AND THEY HAVE SEEMED TO WORKED OUT VERY WELL. HOPE THIS HELPS..

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 8

I just ordered from www.homemadecookiesandfudge
Janie was absolutely wonderful. I needed some help with sizing my images and she had wonderful ideas. She really worked with me to get just what I wanted.
Prices are very reasonable, too and shipping was very fast. Take a look at her website. She even answered my email on the weekend which was something I never expected. These images are VERY easy to work with, much easier than others I have used.

sshoshie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sshoshie Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 8

I order from there all the time. I've never had a problem. I usually get the edible paper. I got the frosting sheets once but I don't know if I like them. If you use the paper on cookies it's very easy. Put riyal icing down then place the image right on top....done. I usually put a border as well.

riSHEL Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 3:01am
post #5 of 8

Thanks Ladies! They never responded to my e-mailed questions, but I did get an e-mail letting me know my order has shipped (that was fast). I would have liked an note letting me know they understood my order and answered my questions. I feel much better after hearing you liked their product. Joanne1944, thank you for the website. I'm going to be sure to order from them as well. It's always good to try a couple of places to see which works best for you. I plan to put them on top of RBC, will that be okay? Do I just put a light layer of water on first?

sshoshie Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 3:04am
post #6 of 8

I've never stuck them to buttercream on a cookie. When I put them on BC on cake I use piping gel under to make it adhear. Also can you stack to RBC?

riSHEL Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 5:28am
post #7 of 8

Maybe I should use MMF?

sshoshie Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 12:47pm
post #8 of 8

For MMF you will have to use something to make it adhear inbetween as well. Piping gel is easy to use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%