Harness Racing Cake??

Decorating By kathik Updated 19 Nov 2008 , 6:12pm by kathik

kathik Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 3

My daughter wants me to make a cake with a harness racing theme for her birthday. She would really like me to make a 3d horse and "cart" out of chocolate. I can't find such a mold and cannot find a place to purchase a mold of a harness racing cart and horse in any form, so I don't see this happening.

Anyone have any ideas how I can at least give her this theme? If you have any ideas about how I can put a horse and cart image on the side of the cake that might help, too.

P.S. I miss all of you now that I have so little reason to visit CC!! icon_sad.gif

2 replies
hellie0h Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 3

I have a race horse theme baby shower cake due this Friday. I searched the net for a 3-d choc. mold with no avail. So, I decided to do an edible image this am...with blue refill food color ink all over my hands, this option is now out because printer cartridge is not working.

Now, my last option is either a frozen buttercream or chocolate transfer. I wish you luck as I do myself.

kathik Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 3

Oh hellie0h, I am so sorry. I can just imagine your frustration! I hope your transfer (whichever you choose) comes out wonderfully.

I hadn't thought of that idea. I have done a couple of small chocolate transfers but nothing big, and no FBCT's. But, maybe it's time to try.

Any other ideas, anyone?

Quote by @%username% on %date%