Jack Daniels Cake

Decorating By KristinB Updated 20 Nov 2008 , 2:25pm by karateka

KristinB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristinB Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 5:32am
post #1 of 3

Hi guy's I'm somewhat new to all this, but love a challenge. A friend of mine asked me to make a cake for her boyfriends birthday. She wants a Jack Daniels bottle, standing upright. I've been brainstorming and not really sure how to assemble it. If you guys could give me any help at all I would really appreciate it. Also should I do an edible image on a fondant plaque as the label or attempt to draw it by hand?

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 3

That is going to be quite an undertaking! Getting it stable enough to transport is the biggest problem. A bottle is thin....like made w/6" rounds stacked up so it probably will be top heavyicon_sad.gif
For the 3-d one of the 1st things you are going to need is a sturdy base w/a thick dowel rod screwed into it.
Have you thought about doing it 2-d instead?

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 3

I'd do stacked 6in squares, use rice krispies for the bottle neck. An edible image would be the simplest way to do the label, but if you have the skills, it would be very impressive piped on there or painted.

Definitely get a thick board and have a bigger dowel that goes through the board and all layers of cake plus the neck. That will make it stable enough to transport.

I'd make the board larger than normal, to offset the top heavy nature of a tall slim cake. And definitely cover the whole thing in fondant, it will help it all stay together.

Please post pictures, that will be cool....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%