Has Anyone Seen/tried Any Of The Ccs From "hello Cupcak

Baking By imnamor95 Updated 4 Jan 2009 , 5:36am by lalakanosho

imnamor95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imnamor95 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 2:10am
post #1 of 17

I saw this book in Target yesterday and am DYING to try out the dif projects they have in their! THEY R DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!! I can't wait to get my hands on my very own! I am gonna order it online bc it comes out cheaper. Check it out and let me know! And if u tried any of the projects, plz, post a pic! icon_smile.gif

16 replies
vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 12:08pm
post #2 of 17

I bought the book - I love it! I have only made the puppy cupcakes (see my photos) but they were really easy to do and my co-workers loved them!

imnamor95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imnamor95 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 12:32pm
post #3 of 17

omg!! those are sooooooooooo adorable!!!! I can't wait to get my book!! Thx for the pix! thumbs_up.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 1:08pm
post #4 of 17

I tried the shark cupcakes in the book. I don't know what I did wrong, but the Twinkies wouldn't stay on the cupcake. The sharks kept tipping forward and falling off.

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 17

I love the book! I did the mash potatoes, peas and corn, and owl cupcakes. Check out my pics. I'm doing the butterfly today. I cant wait to do the sunflowers!

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 17

I bought the book, but have yet to do any of them. I mainly bought it to get inspiration for my DD's birthdays. I love the penguins in there though. I just might have to try them.

girlfromokla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girlfromokla Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 5:54am
post #7 of 17

Yes I have made several from the book. All quite easy, sometimes just a little time consuming. Was lucky enough to attend one of Karen Tack's classes.

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 6:07am
post #8 of 17

pretty much every cupcake ive made has come from Hello, Cupcake!!

Please check out my pics and see for yourself!

The next one I want to make is the Panda, and then probably the bugs before I get into the christmas season!!

Its probably THE best cc book ever! IMHO

icon_razz.gif

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 3:31pm
post #9 of 17

I have this book, too. I haven't tried any of the decorating techniques, but did try the vanilla cupcake recipe. I might have done something wrong, but I found it to be pretty bland (which could be a good thing since a lot of their cupcakes have a lot of frosting). icon_biggrin.gif

mommaroxy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommaroxy Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:53pm
post #10 of 17

Funny, I replied to this when it first posted. Went back to check if I had an answer and couldnt find my post....cause it wasnt there icon_confused.gif Anyways! I have this book as well. The only thing that I have made so far is the butterflies. I did two sets of wings with the choc before adding the orange and it was too long. The choc had already set up and I wasnt able to get it swirled to look the way it was supposed to. Was easy to do, just need to do one at a time (like it says to do icon_redface.gif )

I am going to be making the dragon this week for my son to take to school on Friday for his 7th bday. He was soo excited when he saw that! Looks like it should be fun. Anyone have any suggestion on a tip to use instead of the ziplock? I didnt feel like I had a great deal of control with the baggie.

Also, for his bday party we are going bowling BECAUSE he saw the bowling pin cupcakes!! JessDesserts I seen that you have done these, any advice?? Did you use the warmed frosting like it says? Just the bought kind? I plan on using my bc for the dragon.

Thanks everyone, I may post a sep question.

~Roxanne

BlondiezBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondiezBakery Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:18pm
post #11 of 17

Any other cupcake book recommendations?!? I have got the buying bug... and am on Amazon right now. There are a lot of pretty ones, but I want referrals. icon_smile.gif

tastefullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastefullysweet Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 8:48pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondiezBakery

Any other cupcake book recommendations?!? I have got the buying bug... and am on Amazon right now. There are a lot of pretty ones, but I want referrals. icon_smile.gif

I have one of Dede Wilson's books (A Baker's Field Guide to Cupcakes). It has some good ideas (more grown-up cupcakes than in Hello!) and the recipes are definitely better. I'm only making chocolate cupcakes with her recipe now. thumbs_up.gif

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 7:25am
post #13 of 17

I LOVE this book!! I bought it a few months ago when I got bitten by the decorating bug, and I constantly look at it for inspiration. So far I have done the mini garden cupcakes with the peas and carrots. The only downside to them was taht using candy like they suggest in the book was WAY stickier than I thought, and I had a hard time getting them off my fingers and onto the cupcake. I would definately use fondant if I did them again though.

cakediva01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakediva01 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 3:57pm
post #14 of 17

I have the book and have tried several of them. Once you get the hang of it, they're quite easy. I made the werewolf cupcakes for my office at Halloween and they were a huge success. Get the book... you won't be sorry!

emmakate218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmakate218 Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 5:53am
post #15 of 17

I saw this book at B&N a couple months ago and fell in love with it. I finally bought it with a gift card I received for Christmas. Can't wait to make some cupcakes from it! Glad to hear that everyone else has had awesome experiences with the book!

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 8:37pm
post #16 of 17

I got this for Christmas - can't wait to try some of the projects.

lalakanosho Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lalakanosho Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 5:36am
post #17 of 17

I tried the panda, to oreo sunflower, and the butterfly cupcakes out of that book, all were too cute! Does anyone have any other cupcake books that they would recommend, that are similar or maybe even more elegant than the ones in "Hello Cupcake"?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%