An Interesting "informative" Site I Stumbled On

Business By Chef_Stef Updated 29 Nov 2008 , 5:36pm by tonedna

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:58pm
post #31 of 43

The Cake Gallery was chosen by Wedding Cakes Across America in affiliation with Davids Bridal to be the EXCLUSIVE provider of wedding cakes in Omaha.

You aren't chosen for this. You pay $200 a month for this.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 3:14pm
post #32 of 43

Ha! This guy is hysterical. I was just looking at his cakes. He says on the "all occasion" cake gallery for children: "Please order your 3-D, Cut-out or Tiered cake 3 days or more in advance. For orders in less than 3 days, please call for availability."

What?!? 3 days! I think this guy needs to be warned of copyright infringement too! I saw a few on there that were definitely violating! icon_biggrin.gif

cfao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfao Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 4:09pm
post #33 of 43

ok, so WHEN does he decorate his wedding cakes for Saturday morning and early afternoon weddings??? He says they must chill for 4-8 hours, but they must NEVER be left to chill over night, that's too long and they will get condensation and water spots on them!

sweetpea1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea1972 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 4:39pm
post #34 of 43
Quote:
Quote:

We are not a fly by night cake bakery; we dont bake cakes in the basement of our homes, nor do they come pre-made from a factory in Pittsburg. Our wedding cakes are made in our shop from a special handweighed blend of ingredients, which was developed by us and for us, branded ULTRAmoist.

THE CAKE GALLERY is the ONLY bakery in Omaha that has its own TRADEMARKED cake. By establishing this mouth-watering tasteful cake line, we have differentiated ourselves from so called dry bakery cakes. The cake will be ULTRAmoist and flavorful on your wedding day and moist up to a week afterwards for those family member and guests that will be in town.

Does this sound like cake mix? I myself am not opposed to cake mixes but after all of his sounding off about quality and dry bakery cakes, I just wonder what his cakes actually taste like!

cfao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfao Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 5:02pm
post #35 of 43

He also says you should never need to have an appointment to order your cake. Even Duff says appointments only on his web site. Reading his "expert" information, you want to order your cake from a large, impersonal bakery, never from someone like 99.9% of us on cakecentral. I guess we should all shut down our businesses now.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 7:53pm
post #36 of 43

The more Iher you gals share stuff from his site the more I know I don't need to see.

One thing I am sure of based on ya'll quoting his site... there's a small hole between his butt cheeks that he needs to pull his head out.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 9:20pm
post #37 of 43
Quote:
Quote:

Finally, you have the opportunity to get your hands on fully researched, unbiased information about wedding cakes from someone who isnt collecting money from advertisers or someone who is trying to sell you a wedding cake.

Only a $40 book. icon_lol.gif

I don't know about you guys but I want to order and get my extra

Quote:
Quote:

personal gift from a BILLIONAIRE.

I love how he's saying that he turned down the opportunity to sell these secrets for $195K to a a grocery store...instead he had our best interests at heart! What a sweetheart.

This sounds like something my ex did, selling "exclusive secrets!" to real estate. People do spend money for the info, it's crazy.

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 11:26pm
post #38 of 43

well ccer's its called dogging others to get for bussiness for him. All he is out for is money. If he is so concerned for the brides, then why don't he offer his ideas for a way cheaper price? And by the way , "Ultra moist cake blend? Sounds like cake mix to me. Not to nix cake mix, but why tear down someone's bussiness to promote your own? I have seen some mighty fine cakes here on cake central. All of you cake decorators are awesome!!! Keep up the good work and ignore him. The brides can use that $40.00 charge for his book and use it towards a cake! icon_wink.gif

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 6:12pm
post #39 of 43

I like that: "unbiased" information from someone who "isn't trying to sell you a wedding cake" ?? icon_confused.gif ...And he's an exclusive David's Bridal cake vendor? Excuse me, but I'd have to say that yes he IS trying to sell cakes, or did he just hook up with David's to sell his book?

lauritasolorzano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauritasolorzano Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 6:55pm
post #40 of 43

Is really sad that people like him exists because that is telling us that there are brides who actually buy his stuff, if not he wouldn't be doing this. He is taking advantage of ignorant people. =(

Laura

shooterstrigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shooterstrigger Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 4:01pm
post #41 of 43

He makes money because he has little compition. If you ask people in Omaha about cake the first thing they will say is The Cake Gallery.There are three shops listed in the phone book who aren't restraunts or grocery stores. At $1.75 he is actually one the the expensive bakeries around here. That is why it is next to impossible to start up here. You can't legally do business in your home and at less than $2.00 a serving you have to really crank out some cakes to get by.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 5:19pm
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie151

Quote:
Originally Posted by korkyo

I'm guessing he worked in some high volume grocery store that did wedding cakes.

Somehow I don't think he would be the one DOING the cakes.

I just Googled him & found his shop. He does seem to be real, but he's big on the hyperbole!

ETA: I've started having a proper read through and gosh he doesn't like us homebakers!

I average between 7 to 13 wedding cakes a week and I don't work on a grocery store... I wont lie..I die after 2 days of finishing these cakes. And I do have a girl that helps me with torte and filling.
But I want to know more about the guy. Show me those 10,000 creations.

Edna

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 5:36pm
post #43 of 43

I just read this on his website

We have 9 full-time wedding cake decorator/designers with diverse skill sets who can create or duplicate just about any wedding cake design your heart desires .

Owner Ed Otto, has overseen the creation of 10,000 wedding cakes. Thats experience! Thats a lot of satisfied brides!

He has OVERSEEN...the creations..he has 9 deocrators..
Edna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%