Confused About Luster Dust Please Help!

Decorating By jennysue Updated 18 Nov 2008 , 11:06pm by Mike1394

jennysue Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 3

My friend just informed me that she is getting married on December 27 of this year. Her wedding was originally June 6! I am supposed to make 200 cupcakes for her. I was going to make chocolate seashells, now it will be chocolate snowflakes. I want to dust the chocolates with blue pearl luster dust or white sparkle dust. This may sound like a stupid question but is it edible? I've heard conflicticng things. Also, how far ahead can i make the chocolates. Will they store if they are already dusted? How should I store them. This change in date is really freaking me out and any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2 replies
karateka Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 3

Most luster dust is labeled "non toxic", so I haven't worried about eating it. However....it is NOT FDA approved. If you want something that is, get some platinum dust. I think lots of places have it, including countrykitchensa.com and intotheoven.com and others.

I guess I'd store them in a plastic container on paper towels in a cool location.

Mike1394 Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 3

Jodie's dog should be able to clear up all Qs about luster dust. Hehehehe icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%