Mixer Blade Swipe...

Baking By SILVERCAT Updated 19 Nov 2008 , 1:33pm by SILVERCAT

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 6

I just picked up a magazine from the store that caught my eye. I was looking through it and saw this great looking attachment for stand mixers. http://sideswipeblade.com
Dos anyone have one? If you do, do you like it?

5 replies
Tisha___ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tisha___ Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 6

Wow. That is nifty looking. I wonder if it really works!?

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 6

That is so cool. Anyone out there have one????? Like Tisha I'd like to get a review before I buy. Thanks for posting Tisha!

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 4:06am
post #4 of 6

I posted about this in early October,,, I love it! I have used it for Buttercream icing, cakes, & cookie dough. It mixes everything very thoroughly without the need to scrape the bowl, just like the video shows on their website.

The only downside is the extra dough or batter left on the beater when you're done mixing... it's shape does not allow for a lot of clean "scraping" of the beaters. My CD does not like that part (lol).

There is another brand that doesn't have the "fins" that stick out, it is just the silicone coated beater. I chose the Sideswipe, over the other, because the Sideswipe wouldn't create as much "drag" or resistance causing wear on my KitchenAid.

Big Thumbs up for the sideswipe! I told told my hubby he could play with it when he makes the mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving. He didn't look real thrilled,,,, he obviously hasn't seen it in action!?!

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 12:04pm
post #5 of 6

Sorry it was Silvercat that posted. Thanks Silvercat. icon_biggrin.gif

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 1:33pm
post #6 of 6

Desserts1st, Thanks for the advise and letting us know what you like and don't like about it. Everything has it's ups and downs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%