Mixer Blade Swipe...

Decorating By SILVERCAT Updated 20 Nov 2008 , 4:32pm by Kpow

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 11

I just picked up a magazine from the store that caught my eye. I was looking through it and saw this great looking attachment for stand mixers. http://sideswipeblade.com
Dos anyone have one? If you do, do you like it?

10 replies
glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 11

That's sooooo cool. Thanks for letting us know about the new tool.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 11

I just got it last week but haven't used it yet as we are in the process of moving. As soon as I get a chance to try it out I'll let you know.

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 11

Interesting. To me, it doesn't look like it would work as well as that Beater Blade that people have been getting, but who knows. Will be interested to hear what people think of it.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 11

I would suggest going to youtube and search for sideswipe blade and beater blade to compare the two items. They are different products with the same goal: reduce time by eliminating the need to scrape down the sides of the mixer bowl.

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 2:17am
post #6 of 11

I have seen posts about one of these and people LOVE it.

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:10am
post #7 of 11

I've got the Beater Blade and I love it!! So far I've used it for my cakes, frostings, brownies, and cookies icon_smile.gif

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:19am
post #8 of 11

My aunt got one & she loves it...I was gunna get one for mine, but I looked actually on the site u have up here & they dont have ones for my type of mixer, which is weird cuz its a kitchenaid & its new & a standard one...it sux!! I need one!!!

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:25am
post #9 of 11

I have had the Sideswipe Blade for a year or two. I dont use it . It doesn't seem to work just right with my KA mixer. It will work, but just seems to add extra stress to my KA, kind makes a funny noise. I really don't know how to describe it, just that I had a feeling that if I kept on using it, I would tear up my KA. It also would sling the stuff out and make a big mess if you didn't pulse it gently to begin with. I just found that I trusted the blades that came with my mixer better. Might just be me though. I have seen the Beater Blade and have thought about giving it a try, but have been a little afraid.

Kpow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kpow Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 4:29pm
post #10 of 11

I got a Beater Blade a few months back and LOVE it. I'm giving one to my mom for Christmas.

Kpow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kpow Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 4:32pm
post #11 of 11

I got a Beater Blade a few months back and LOVE it. I'm giving one to my mom for Christmas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%