My 1St Time Decorating W/ Mmf

Decorating By UltimateCakes Updated 19 Nov 2008 , 3:34pm by UltimateCakes

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 6

I have a pic of a gift cake I recently made in my album. I have received many hints and tips from CC'ers and I just wanted to say "Thank You"! The birthday girl LOVED it.

5 replies
Tisha___ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tisha___ Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 6

I just took a look at your cake. VERY cute. LOVE the pink! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 1:00am
post #3 of 6

You did a great jobicon_smile.gif

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 3:08am
post #4 of 6

So was the MMF as easy to make and use as everyone says? I am going to be trying it tomorrow for myself.Wish me luck.I have only attempted fondant one time and was not succesful and it tasted bad,it was the Wilton brand,if only I had discovered this website first I could have saved myself the trouble and cash. icon_biggrin.gif

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 6:10am
post #5 of 6

I love the gift cake! And I really like all your other pics too! You are doing awesome!!!!! Fondant is fun hey!?!?! thumbs_up.gif

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopuff

So was the MMF as easy to make and use as everyone says? I am going to be trying it tomorrow for myself.Wish me luck.I have only attempted fondant one time and was not successful and it tasted bad,it was the Wilton brand,if only I had discovered this website first I could have saved myself the trouble and cash. icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, it's easy to use as long as you follow the directions the first time icon_redface.gif Make sure you grease your bowl, counter, and hands. When rolling it out I used a regular Wilton non-stick rolling pin (greased with Crisco) and it worked great. Apparently it tastes yummy too, my daughter ate some of the leftovers icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%