I Would Like To Know How To Create More Intricate Designs...

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 18 Nov 2008 , 2:00pm by 2sdae

aprilcake Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 4:12am
post #1 of 5

I have done dots, swirls and such so far and this week I am making a anniversary cake...its going to be a two tiered 10 and 8 inch round with fondant red roses. I would like to do beautiful intricate (but not too difficult) white buttercream designs on the white icing...other than simple swirls...i never was taught anything else...is there any templates or pages or websites I can see...i am a visual person so if I can even find a good design too look at up close...i hopefully will be able to do it...if you have anything that could help me...please!!!

April :0)

4 replies
SeriousCakes Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 4:21am
post #2 of 5

Here's something someone posted on here awhile ago, I tried a couple...
http://www.thecakery.com/Sides.html

leah_s Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 5

Do you have the Wilton impression set? Just press into your bc and trace with icing.

2sdae Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 5

you can use exactly what Leahs said and or any thing you can imprint on your butter cream that is food safe....stamps, ridges from papers, plastics and such.
Just trace them over with the icing...easy peasy...and think of all the ideas and unique patterns you could utilize that way.

2sdae Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 2:00pm
post #5 of 5

you can use exactly what Leahs said and or any thing you can imprint on your butter cream that is food safe....stamps, ridges from papers, plastics and such.
Just trace them over with the icing...easy peasy...and think of all the ideas and unique patterns you could utilize that way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%