Taste In Fondant

Decorating By cakemakerkevin Updated 17 Nov 2008 , 3:05am by kakeladi

cakemakerkevin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemakerkevin Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 1:55am
post #1 of 10

is the any flavoring that you can add to fondant to not have a bland nasty taste? I have my first wedding cake coming up soon and i am all about taste . Every forum that i have read they all talk about taste how about clear vanilla or maybe my fav rum?

9 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:05am
post #2 of 10

I use chocopan and it tastes great. If you're using wilton nothing will help it.

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:05am
post #3 of 10

First, if you aren't making your own MMF (marshmallow fondant), start there. You can find recipes on this website. When I made it, I used vanilla and butter flavoring and it was delicious. I made the most basic MMF, but there are other recipes that take more ingredients and might taste better. I was very happy with the basic recipe and my 5 year old keeps begging to eat more, more, more of it!!

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:22am
post #4 of 10

I use Rhonda's ulitmate MMF posted in the recipe section. It's very good.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:27am
post #5 of 10

I have been making Toba Garrett's fondant recipe this year in several different flavors. Her recipe is delicious.

I will continue to use Satin Ice for Black and Red until I feel I can get the right color without changing the taste.

I understand that Jennifer Dontz makes a great fondant too. It might be worth looking into.

-Debbie B. icon_biggrin.gif

chele_belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chele_belle Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:28am
post #6 of 10

I have used Fondx, but if I have my choice I use Satin Ice. It actually tastes like Buttercream. I have had people who were convinced they HATED fondant tried mine on cookies and they LOVED it! They still don't believe it was fondant on the cookies.

HTH,
Chele

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:41am
post #7 of 10

I have recently tried to different fondants. One of them is Fondarific. Fondarific comes in different flavors and different colors and it is pretty good. The other one is on the creative cutters website and they call it sugarpaste and this one is the best fondant I have ever tasted. I tasted on an irish creme cake and it was to die for. Fondarific will send you samples for no charge but you have to pay for shipping. I emailed Creative Cutters to see if they would send samples and they never got back to me.

cakemakerkevin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemakerkevin Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:50am
post #8 of 10

thanks got alot to try thumbs_up.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:58am
post #9 of 10

If you're using Wilton fondant, put down the box and back away quickly.

SatinIce is easy to find in retail stores and on line and tastes yummy.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 3:05am
post #10 of 10

If you are just going to have to use what you have, yes you can add any flavoring you want. Just knead it in slowly until you are pleased w/the taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%