Adhereing Mmf To A Cookie Question...

Decorating By lindambc Updated 20 Nov 2008 , 3:41am by luvchocolate

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:10am
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone, Happy Sunday!

Just a quick question...I am going to try to put MMf on a NFSC, do I need to use something to adhere it to the cookie? What would you use?

Thanks for looking!!!

6 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:16am
post #2 of 7

Put the MMF when you take them out of the oven and the heat from the cookie will make the MMF stick. OR if you want to bake all and than put the MMF all at the sametime than use corn syrup on the cookie to make the MMF stick to it.

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:19am
post #3 of 7

Thank you SilverCat, gonna try them right now!!!! Kinda nervous, have never tried cookies before!

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:32am
post #4 of 7

Hi lindambc, I just made some friday night.. Onsies I will try to attach icon_redface.gif ANyway I spread a little BC on and it stuck just fine.. I have read you can also use Like apricot preserves../ Jam.. just a small amount just enough to get the fondant to stick.. I used MMF as well.. No problem.. Have fun.. I did..
LL

Dinny2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dinny2222 Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:43am
post #5 of 7

Cute cute cookies! I use Apricot jam spread on my cookies and then the fondant. Worked great. No apricot taste either

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 4:37am
post #6 of 7

One easy step.....place the fondant on when you take them from the oven. So easy and quick!

luvchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvchocolate Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 3:41am
post #7 of 7

I'm sure your cookies are finished by now, but for future reference, I brush piping gel on my cookies and then lay the fondant on top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%