Wilton Chocolate Covered Oreo Molds

Baking By q2wheels Updated 20 Nov 2008 , 1:11pm by jen1977

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 10

I know how most people feel about Wilton products, but I just found these. Seems Wilton jumped on the chocolate covered cookie wagon!

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/department.cfm?id=B8B78AC5-1E0B-C910-EAA990913DB828D2&fid=B8B78AE4-1E0B-C910-EA81171736A69F0C

Toni Ann

9 replies
misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 4:14am
post #2 of 10

thanks for sharing thumbs_up.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 12:49pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks! I'm glad to see these since I've been wanting to try them, but don't want to pay as much as Spinning Leaf wants for them! I'll have to be on the lookout for them!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 10

They may be cheaper than SpinningLeaf, but keep in mind you get what you pay for! Other people have tried the Wilton molds, and weren't happy. The molds cracked the first time they used them. You'll have to use them with care. And I don't think you can use DoubleStuffs in them, as they are too shallow.

jen1977 Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 1:56pm
post #5 of 10

I just can't justify spending what SpinningLeaf wants and their shipping is as high as their molds are. I have several Wilton chocolate molds and have never had any problems with them. They probably can't be used for double stuff cookies, but I'm not positive there would be a big enough market for them here to buy the others. We can test with these, and then I can get the others if it seems like a product that people want. Cake balls are big sellers for lots of people here, but the only flavor I can give away is german chocolate!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 7:26pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

I have several Wilton chocolate molds and have never had any problems with them.

I do too and I don't know why people are so hard on Wilton about every item they make. My sister has a couple Wilton candy molds that my mother bought when we were children and she still uses them.

They don't have the variety that some places do but they do have molds that no one else does. Unless you're buying very expensive molds the plastic is pretty cheap and not likely to last forever.

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 5:34pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

I have several Wilton chocolate molds and have never had any problems with them.

I do too and I don't know why people are so hard on Wilton about every item they make. My sister has a couple Wilton candy molds that my mother bought when we were children and she still uses them.

They don't have the variety that some places do but they do have molds that no one else does. Unless you're buying very expensive molds the plastic is pretty cheap and not likely to last forever.

AGREED!!!!!! I have mostly Wilton candy molds, some of the others non-Wilton in my collection have not held up as well.

If I want to try something new, I can run to Micheal's and pick it up. If I don't like it or decide it's not for me, I haven't invested much $$.

As a hobbyist, I have to watch pennies, so my opinion is, Wilton makes a decent product for a decent price. I haven't had nearly the problems with Wilton products that I have read about here.

My 2 cents,

Toni Ann

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 6:08pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by q2wheels

AGREED!!!!!! I have mostly Wilton candy molds, some of the others non-Wilton in my collection have not held up as well.

I would say that I have equal numbers between wilton and non-wilton that have cracked.

Wilton does make some crappy products but there are also things that are no better or worse than other brands.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 12:57pm
post #9 of 10

Honestly, I don't have a problem with Wilton products. I own LOTS of them! But when it comes to the Oreo molds (not chocolate molds...Oreo molds) I prefer the SpinningLeaf molds by a huge margin. The plastic is of a better quality, and the cavities are deeper so I can use DoubleStuffs. And I've taken advantage of the discounts from SpinningLeaf, which makes the cost more palatable!

jen1977 Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 1:11pm
post #10 of 10

I've never tried the SpinningLeaf oreo molds, and I just saw in this post that Wilton had some, so I haven't tried them either, but considering the price difference, especially since SpinninLeaf's shipping cost so darn much, I'll probably try the Wilton ones first. If I don't like them, I'll only be out $2.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%