Edible Ink Printers?

Decorating By sasporella Updated 16 Nov 2008 , 7:03pm by sasporella

sasporella Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 9:19am
post #1 of 3

I bought an edible ink printer last christmas as a package that was advertised in a cake decorating magazine and for the last 3 month or so i have not been able to buy ink for it. The company i bought it from no longer supplies it and i can't find any on the internet either for my printer (brother printer). Anyway after much thought and as much as i hate to do it, i am going to have to buy another printer. I have been looking at the canon IP3500 and wondered if this is a good one to get and if the inks are readily available. I live in the uk and i do not want to buy another printer that will be useless to me in a few months again. Also are there any problems any one has with the IP3500. Thanks guys icon_smile.gif

2 replies
cakesdivine Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 3

I actually have the Canon iP3500 printer and absolutely love it! I use it with my KopyKake desktop decorator program they offer for free. This is definitely the most inexpensive way to offer edible images or photo cakes. The printer was very inexpensive as compared to some of the photocake systems on the market. Super inflated prices on those systems and they don't work any better than the KopyKake version.

sasporella Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the reply cakesdivine, i think i will definatley go for the IP3500. I know what you mean with the prices of other ones some are very very expensive, that is also one thing that attracted me to the IP3500 it is really reasonably priced. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%