Serving Charts

Decorating By paulstonia Updated 18 Nov 2008 , 2:56pm by paulstonia

paulstonia Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 4:35am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone, just wondering, I know there are other serving chart besides wilton, there is such a difference in there party verses wedding chart. What do you use and where do I find them. I have someone looking for a price on a cake to serve 150 people and a price for 175. She wants square cakes and I'm having trouble deciding what sizes. If I leave the 4 inch difference between cakes that I think looks nice, I'm not sure how to go up from 150 to 175. Does that make sense? Any advice you could give me would be appreciated. Thanks......

3 replies
indydebi Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 4:44am
post #2 of 4

I use the Wilton wedding chart to determine pricing. I tell the customer the range of servings. For example, a 2-layer 10" round serves 38 per the wilton chart. I tell the client the cake will serve 25-35 depending on how they cut it. It's up to them to determine if they need a bigger cake or not. If they are planning 30 people, I recommend they go with a bigger cake, like the 12" round.

kakeladi Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 4

Is the cake going to be tiered? Any cake that is tiered gets Wilton serving quotes & that is used to determine price.
For 100 servings in sq tieres you need a 12; 9; 6.
For 150 try: 14, 10 & 6
For 175 - this is going to be a bit trickyicon_sad.gif Going to a 16 sq is going togive way more than you want. I'd suggest the 14,10,6 and make a satilite or kitchen cake to bring up the count.
These are all based on the industry standard of 1x2x4 serving. If they want bigger servings let them order a bigger cake.

paulstonia Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much for the advice. Sorry I haven't gotten to thank you sooner, been having trouble getting on the site. Think I've been going through withdrawls. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%