How Do You Get Things To Stick To Side Of Cake

Decorating By RattleHead72 Updated 19 Nov 2008 , 3:20pm by Susie53

RattleHead72 Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 4:09am
post #1 of 6

like fondant deco to a cake covered in mmf? also how do i get it to look shiney. I havent posted any of my cakes cuz im to scared lol, please help.

5 replies
glendaleAZ Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 4:22am
post #2 of 6

Hi RattleHead72,

I use a small art brush and water. Paint a little water on the fondant decoration and gently press it to the fondant side.

For shinny, I use a little oil or a paper towel dampened with very little water.

Also, don't be afraid, we all have to be newbieâs in the beginning -- post your cakes.

kakeladi Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 6:32am
post #3 of 6

Water is fine. Another option is to pipe a open circle of icing on the back. If it's a big item, use two of them. Using theopen circle helps is create a slight suction action holding the piece on.

Cookies4kids Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 12:39pm
post #4 of 6

Some wonderful person on here gave me this tip and it works just fabulous. Mix water with Tylose powder until you have a fairly thick but brushable consistancy. I keep it in a tiny jar in the fridge and it is the best "glue" I have ever used. Thanks Alana--I think it was her!!!!

sugarwishes Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 6
Originally Posted by RattleHead72

I havent posted any of my cakes cuz im to scared lol, please help.

I know how you feel but you really should post them. I am still very new at this and my pictures really aren't the greatest but I'm still learning. You will see that the more you practice the better you will get and the more you will start to like your pictures. I'm sure they're not as bad as you make them out to be, please don't be scared

Susie53 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 3:20pm
post #6 of 6

RattleHead72, I'm newbie at cake decorating too, haven't made too many cakes..I'm chicken to post mine also. I was taught to attach fondant accents to fondant covered cakes with clear vanilla.

Quote by @%username% on %date%