Questions About Making A Cookie Basket - Need Help!!

Baking By marion123 Updated 16 Nov 2008 , 3:00pm by Joanne914

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 3:26am
post #1 of 4

I'm making a cookie basket for work, hoping to generate some new buisness.. I'm putting in frosted sugar cookies, fudge browines and cho. covered Oreo's.. I have a beautiful lines basket taht I bought at Micheal's. I also bought foam to put in the basket with a giant basket bag to go over it with ribbon.. I have a few questions and I could really use some help.
1. Do I wrap each one induivally or can I just put them all in the basket.
2. What do I put on top of the form to hide it? The lady at the store told to use foil wrap.
3. How to make the basket of goodies look like they are higher instead of them all just lying on the foam?
4. Any tips you can give me?
Thank you so much,
Carissa

3 replies
Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 4

1. Do I wrap each one induivally or can I just put them all in the basket.

I would wrap each one individually, because once the basket is opened, the cookies will be exposed and you want to have them wrapped.

2. What do I put on top of the form to hide it? The lady at the store told to use foil wrap.

What about pretty tissue paper, or shredded paper. Both are inexpensive and you can find them at the dollar store.

3. How to make the basket of goodies look like they are higher instead of them all just lying on the foam?

I have gotten gift boxes/baskets like this. The items seem to be spilling out of the basket. But when you remove everything, there is
cardboard usually rolled up underneath, the foam is placed on top of that, and them the tissue or shredded paper on top of that.
4. Any tips you can give me?

I think what you are planning sounds great. I hope you have lots of holiday orders, and let us see your finished basket! Best of luck, and happy holidays.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 4

I think Joanne gave you some great tips. I too wrap everything individually-people like to share and it is a good way to do so.
I have used cardboard inserts-basically cardboard folded to make a little bench thing in the basket-to give it some height and covered it with paper shred. I do believe you can buy something like that as well.
Something like what they show here:
http://www.nashvillewrapscommunity.com/blog/?p=80

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 4

I had no idea that there was a REAL name for the cardboard thingy that goes under the shredded paper! icon_eek.gif Thanks for the link Jodi...I read all about the cardboard "bench!" Learn something new everyday! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%