The Many Applications Of Sugarveil?

Decorating By eriksmom Updated 18 Nov 2008 , 3:01pm by __Jamie__

eriksmom Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 2:51am
post #1 of 5

I am wanting to try SugarVeil for a wedding cake design for next month. So this time, instead of waiting until the last minute, I will explore all my options and plan ahead!
What I want to do is a damask stencil on a fondant cake. Its the small red mini damask stencil you will find on They call it an impression mat.

So, can I use SugarVeil directly on the cake for this stencil, or should I roll out my fondant first, make my stencil on the fondant, then put it on the cake? I would prefer to put my fondant on first, but I've never used SugarVeil, so I'm not sure if I can do it that way.

Anyone out there know how to use this stuff?

4 replies
dragonflydreams Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 6:36am
post #2 of 5

. . . emilyg is a sugarveil rep . . . why don't you PM her and ask any questions you may have . . . she seems only too happy to oblige . . . here is another thread she started (to answers "our" questions) . . .

leah_s Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 5

Definitely put the fondant on the cake first. i can't imagine how you'd get a pre-stenciled design onto the cake without distorting it and you pull/ease/smooth the fondant.

eriksmom Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks all!

__Jamie__ Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 3:01pm
post #5 of 5

After working with my sugarveil for awhile now, I think I'm going back to royal icing or bc for stenciling. Sugarveil is great for other stuff, but I'm not going thru the hassle of the prep and mess for those details anymore!

Quote by @%username% on %date%