Need Desperate Help For Wilton Pan 1974 Train 502-836

Decorating By debster Updated 16 Nov 2008 , 2:50am by KatieKake

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 10

I need instructions for this pan and it's not on Wiltons or the nameless site. What do I do, It's the 3D stand up and I'm confused because it looks like you bake on side then the other and put them together but one side has a small whole in it????????????????????????

It's not one someone put there either, looks to be made that way. I need to do this cake in 2 weeks and need directions, ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA? Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much!!!!!!

9 replies
VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 1:51am
post #2 of 10

http://www.pattycakes.com/cake_pan_instructions/ChooChooTrain2105_2861.pdf

See if this link works, if it doesnt just go to pattycakes.com and on the side theyll have tabs, click the one that say articles or something like that, then when you get to the new page theyll have a heading at the top that says cake pan instructions, click it. Scroll down and click choochootrain. I hope this works and i hope its what you need, let me know, good luck!

debster Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 1:56am
post #3 of 10

Thanks Vanna, but that's the information on decorating the train. I need to know how to bake it, doesn't make sense to me , because if you do it half at a time one of the sides has a small premade hole in it. I guess I'm going to have to plug it and make both sides seperate and then put them together. Anyone know how to do this 3D train? Thanks for any help. I can't find instructions on baking it.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 2:04am
post #4 of 10

Just plug that hole and bake two halves. Bake it at 325 until you can smell cakeicon_smile.gif Yes, just use your nose. Very general guide is about 30 minutes. Put it together w/icing and kabob sticks &/or plastic drink straws to hold the two halves together.

panprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panprincess Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 2:14am
post #5 of 10

I just looked it up in an old yearbook. It says that the pan snaps together. So I would imagine that you pour your batter into the side without the hole, snap on the other half, and bake it on its side

debster Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 2:18am
post #6 of 10

panprincess, this is the 1974 one if you fill just half would the batter swell up enough to fill the entire other half to make the design? That doesn't seem to make sense, but who knows. I wish someone had instructions . I hate stuff like this. I guess I'm going to try the two half method first and see if that works. Thanks everyone, if someone pops in with instructions do share please!!! Thanks

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 2:39am
post #7 of 10

Trust me...do what kakeladi suggested..It you try and snap it together the cake never rises enough to fill out the back half of the pan,Plug the steam vent with a small piece of foil and bake both halves seperately.You will be glad you did!!

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 2:45am
post #8 of 10

I did this cake a couple of years ago with my oldest. I'm on call at the hostpial right now, but I will look for the instructions when I get home.

I want to say ... you fill the one pan and snap together and bake with the hole side up ... and it does fill out. Just make sure to fill the one pan enough, or the other side ends up looking like the weaker evil twin. icon_smile.gif

cake1119 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake1119 Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 2:49am
post #9 of 10

hey, i have the wilton duck pan, which is two pieces one with a hole. you fill the one solid side and snap on the side with hole. cake rises and steam is released. be sure you fill the one side very full. hope this helps

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 2:50am
post #10 of 10

I have the pan and have used it, years ago, but I don't recall any problems, I must have snapped the two sides together, and I am assuming the cake filled the pan like it is supposed to. I don't recall using any clips to hold it like you do with the stand up bear pan. I believe I just put in one cake mix and let it do its thing. I think it filled the top pan nicely, might have even lifted the top half up a little. Good luck, let us know how it come out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%