Sissor Cake

Decorating By jenniferus2002 Updated 19 Nov 2008 , 3:10am by Dee0412

jenniferus2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniferus2002 Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 7

I am in need of some ideas reguarding a sissor cake. My sister is graduating cosmetology school next week, and i was wanting to make a sissor shaped cake. I think i could figure it out, but am open to any suggestions. Thanks

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 7

I think I would do it 2-d so it just lays on top of a sheet cake because scissors are so thin in real life.

Hmm, but you could make it real big and make it all by itself.

Would be cool to make it look like the scissors got dropped on the floor at the foot of the beautician's chair.

Look I didn't get much sleep last night and I am loquacious city and a little whacky.

Y'know what I'd do?? Make it look like the floor at the bottom of the chair after a haircut. Y'know those stands that hold single cakes that have just one center clear column?--If you could find one of the kid's chairs and remove the legs and balance on top of the plate at the top of the column--and just use a piece of plastic as if it was the cape draped over the chair waiting for the cleanup with edible hair all over everything like it had just been cut off. And say something like It's all upward and onward or Things are looking up after all this or something to that effect. From the depths to the heighths?

Ok I'm just brainstorming. But scissors are so thin you'd have to make them real big to get any amount of servings. But just make a big template and carve up a sheet cake to fit on it.

An inscription coud be "You made the cut!" congrats...

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 7

Got one more--no two--umm, make it look like they are standing in that glass container full of that purpley blue liquid they (used to) stand their tools in to disenfect everything.

Or sit the scissors on a cake that looks like a folded towel like they are sitting there drying.

Crazy scissor ideas from the sleep deprived to you.

jenniferus2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniferus2002 Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 7

Well those are all real good ideas.. Thanks! I am going to go to Michaels now to get some things and give it some thought. I will take a photo when i get it done this week and post it. Thanks again for all the ideas.
thumbs_up.gif

tlreetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlreetz Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 12:36am
post #5 of 7

Here is one I did a while back, it is a make over theme, but could be altered for cosmetology:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1205092

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 6:43am
post #6 of 7

Here's my scissor for a hair dressers shower

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1207130

I used a copier to blow up a picture, cut it out of filled sheet cakes, iced, and covered it with fondant.

HTH,
Pat B.

Dee0412 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dee0412 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 3:10am
post #7 of 7

I did this one for my mom who is a cosmetologist. It's not as great as all the talented people on here. I added chocolate buttercream "hair" on the board.

Good Luck!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1288954.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%