Pray For Firefighters In So Cal

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 16 Nov 2008 , 6:36pm by Carolynlovescake

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 3

My prayer is that no one on this site is adversely effected by these disastorous fires!
Please pray for all firemen who are fighting the horrible fires in So Cal. The areas are hard to move about in - steep hills, narrow roads and heavy fuel. Pray that God will still the wind! Reports of 76 MPH gusts. Right now there are two major fires but the one in Sylmar area is super bad; spreading very fast into newly built residential areas. It has even jumped 2 freeways. One report said firefighters in one area were ordered to abandon their fire trucks & equipment and flee for their lives. There have been a couple of injuries; report said one had a heart attack. If you can, please donate to the Red Cross as they have to man evac centers. THis is costly. There are at least 5 Red Cross evac centers right now with 1,000s of people each.Several are already full. Lynne (a former firefighter)

2 replies
redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 4:30am
post #2 of 3

Yes, it is really bad--over 500 homes lost so far. Currently, the winds have dropped to about 20-25 mph, from 70 mph overnight. If the wind cooperates, the firefighters might be able to get a handle on it overnight. Unfortunately, there is another terrible fire in the Anaheim Hills area that started earlier today.

I don't live in the area threatened by the Sayre (Sylmar) fire, but I can definitely see it out my windows and go through that area every day. (I live in the area hit by the Buckweed fire last year.)

Whenever the wind blows like this, I thank God for the well-trained, courageous firefighters that come from all over to help save life and livelihood. I hope that none of our CCers are hurt by the fires.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 3

I have a crazy set of friends who are fire jumpers. They've been called and are down there some where.

I've heard from a few during a rare break. They say it's pretty bad but all of them have been pretty bad the last few years so they can't really say it's worse than any other recent fire storms.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%