Need Help With Baby Shower Design

Decorating By ranbel Updated 15 Nov 2008 , 3:30pm by ranbel

ranbel Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, I have the color combo that is wanted, but need a little assistance with putting them together...I struggle trying to visualize the out come, so that is why I like the customer to tell me exactly what they want.

A boy babyshower, the mother to be, wants s 2 tier with stripes on the bottom and dots on the top tier. The colors requested are blue, brown and beige. She wants the border for the top tier to be balls and something differnt on the bottom tier to go with the stripes???? I like brown for the bottom tier and blue for the top, I see that alot in the gallary, but where do I fit in the beige? icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank you for your ideas thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
ladyonzlake Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 5

You could do the bottom cake in blue and alternate the stripes with brown and beige. The top can be a beige cake and alternate blue, brown and beige balls?

ladyonzlake Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 5

On the top of the cake you could place a brown gumpaste teddy bear? I just did the same color scheme but with baby blocks and a teddy bear. It's on my website.

jamiekwebb Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 5

Why not do your bottom brown with blue and beige stripes and the top blue with brown and beige dots. Use the same border on both top and bottom.

ranbel Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 3:30pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks to all...I like all of your ideas and the teddybear and blocks were also requested...thought I would put them on the top tier...maybe with the teddy holding a blankie..

I just wish I could vision this cake....I have so many thoughts running thru my head and can't seem to pick one that really just clicks..if you know what I mean.

I still have a few weeks to to come up with this design...wish me luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%