Do I Have A Chance?

Decorating By trumpetmidget Updated 15 Nov 2008 , 1:25pm by kakeladi

trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 5:29am
post #1 of 6

I am entering this piece into a gingerbread competition. I was wondering what you all thought of it. I need some honest, caker feedback, please. I need to know what you like, don't like, etc. etc. Do you think I can win? I want some honest feedback because when I get the feedback from the judges it will be silly like "I like your floor", but nothing constructive. I entered last year, too, but didn't even place (it is the piano with the singer on the stage picture in my album). Thanks for any feedback!
LL

5 replies
aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 5:37am
post #2 of 6

I like it a lot. I did see a gingerbread challenge on the Food Network. The Traditional gb house won.

I think your challenge might be three walls only and no roof.

I do love your creativity.

Dee in az

trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 5:42am
post #3 of 6

Actually, there are a bunch of different categories. They have the traditional, the replica of a famous building, and then unusual 3D creations. I am going to enter under unusual 3D. Figured that was best where I fit. Because you are right, a traditional house would win and would probably look cleaner.
Thanks for the feedback!!!!!!

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 5:46am
post #4 of 6

I think your gb church is perfect for the 3d category.

I love your figures and I think most people are impressed with figurines.

CakeLadyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLadyM Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 5:51am
post #5 of 6

My goodness, that was a LOT of work! You did an amazing job and I think you should most definitely enter this! Wow!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 1:25pm
post #6 of 6

What I see that might need improvement are the two narrow, white uprights on the sides; they need to have smoother icing. It might be the pic but they look rough, w/holes, to me.
Clean up all edges w/sand paper so they are smooth icon_smile.gif
Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%