2 Year Old Houdini And Into Everything?

Decorating By ann2006 Updated 25 Nov 2008 , 1:12am by BrendaS104

ann2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ann2006 Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 3:24am
post #1 of 7

Hi...I'm trying to think of a fun idea for a cake for my daughter's 2nd birthday. Unlike my other children, you can count on her to find anything around that is dangerous, messy, etc. One of my friend's named her "houdini" because she got out of our hotel room and was missing for 10 minutes. She gets into and out of lots of things. She pulls chairs all over the house and uses them to reach whatever she wants (to unlock the front door to go out, to get a knife, you name it). Does this description stir any cute cake/theme ideas in anyone's mind? I just can't think of what to do...but I'm thinking I'd like to tie it into her personality. She already had a Curious George cake for her first birthday (even then she was starting to do these sorts of things). Thanks! ann

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 6:53am
post #2 of 7

Oh Ann, wish I could help you. I'm just not coming up w/anything right off icon_sad.gif

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 7:03am
post #3 of 7

hehehe.
My first thought was a chocolate handcuffs mold I saw ealier today...but I dont think thats appropriate for a two year old, lol!
Maybe you could make a cute little figure of a door, cracked open, and your daughter beside it, maybe doing/holding something cute or mischeivous. Does that make sense? I hope!

mustang1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mustang1964 Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 7:20am
post #4 of 7

How about a magic them with an escape artist or a bunny coming out of a hat?

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 7:52am
post #5 of 7

Have fun with this... My almost 4 year old is EXACTLY like yours... I swore she would never make it this long with out getting herself hurt... but so far so good... I was thinking of doing an evil monkey for mine, until she informed me that I'm making a microphone with butterflies for her Dec 23rd birthday.... what a crazy kid...

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 8:43am
post #6 of 7

How about a straight jacket with locks and chains behind her and then her sitting on the floor eating a chocolate cake.

BrendaS104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrendaS104 Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 1:12am
post #7 of 7

LOL.. sounds like my 3 year old twins!

I don't know why I picture a child sitting on the top of a fridge looking down at a kicked out chair on the floor. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%